• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does methadone relieve Buprenorphine withdrawal

Sir.otonin

Bluelighter
Hello all,
I have been using 2mg Buprenorphine daily (without Naloxone) for the past 2 years. For some reason I can't source it for some days, I have some Methadone at hand, does it alleviate the withdrawal? How about Tramadol? I have that too.
I've found a lot of data about the reverse situation, but none about this. Any help is greatly appreciated 🙏.

Yea it will, it might be somewhat blocked for a couple days until the suboxone leaves your system though. 15-30mg per day should be enough

Id perfer th e final leap be off methadone opposed to suboxone , person subs never felt right when my bodys chemistry. Methadone was a godsend

When you got jump back on Bupe after being on the Methadone make sure you give it like 3 days and we your last dose cuz Methadone has a wicked long half-life. But it's a much more effective drug for withdrawal then Bupe so it's deff gonna be a godsend and you'll probably get high off it honestly. The Tramadol would work also but you would probably need large doses per day like in the 300-400mg range. You can actually take Tramadol at the same time as Bupe and they mix well without causing precipitated withdrawal, this is due to the nature by which it acts on your opioid receptors and only being a mild agonist.

I've been using Suboxone for years primarily cuz I'm too lazy to go-to the clinic daily and because it's easy to jump off it onto other opioids for periods if I feel so inclined. Last two months I spent on 20-30 bags of dope/fent daily and I fucked my tolerance up horribly and have felt pretty sickly since stopping last week. Before this went down I was stable at 4mgs of Bupe perday and now I'm on 8mgs a day and 15 grams of Kratom. Personally I love the way Methadone feels for the first week I'm on it I get high as a kite so careful not to let it trigger a run.

When you got jump back on Bupe after being on the Methadone make sure you give it like 3 days and we your last dose cuz Methadone has a wicked long half-life. But it's a much more effective drug for withdrawal then Bupe so it's deff gonna be a godsend and you'll probably get high off it honestly. The Tramadol would work also but you would probably need large doses per day like in the 300-400mg range. You can actually take Tramadol at the same time as Bupe and they mix well without causing precipitated withdrawal, this is due to the nature by which it acts on your opioid receptors and only being a mild agonist.

I've been using Suboxone for years primarily cuz I'm too lazy to go-to the clinic daily and because it's easy to jump off it onto other opioids for periods if I feel so inclined. Last two months I spent on 20-30 bags of dope/fent daily and I fucked my tolerance up horribly and have felt pretty sickly since stopping last week. Before this went down I was stable at 4mgs of Bupe perday and now I'm on 8mgs a day and 15 grams of Kratom. Personally I love the way Methadone feels for the first week I'm on it I get high as a kite so careful not to let it trigger a run.

I'll second this. The methadone will work fine but be extraordinarily careful when making the switch back to buprenorphine. As Cosmic Charlie mentioned your main concern in this situation is precipitated withdrawals if you try to switch back to the buprenorphine to early. As mentioned methadone has a large half life (though it varies inter-personally to a large degree in some cases) & as such you will want to be sure you don't switch back to soon. I've not taken tramadol while on buprenorphine so I can't vouch for that personally but would have no reason to doubt Cosmic Charlie. However as he mentioned the tramadol is on the weaker side. Having had quite a large amount of experience with the substances in question I would also say that the methadone should be able to help you in this scenario. :)

Has anyone tried using a single dose of methadone to help wait the time needed to avoid precipitated withdrawal when trying to switch to subs from oxy

Is methadone easier to quit in general than suboxone, mentally wise?

Long story short, Yes it does relieve the wd within half an hour

back in the day when i was still on a high dose of subutex, i work my way down to 1mg a day and then switch over to methadone for another month and got off both clean, yes i had some wd but nothing too hectic. sp can be done but as mentioned keep the halflifes in considerations

also as mentioned by @Cosmic Charlie tramadol and subutex mix without any precip wd and actually getting more pain relieve and a slight buzz. Not sure why this is ( im no chemist ) but i have used this combo in the past and it worked without any sides except for having a seizure the one time.

Is methadone easier to quit in general than suboxone, mentally wise?
The other way round, methadone is a full agonist and has a long half life, it's said to cause worse withdrawal than morphin or heroin but this are anecdotal reports. With the aid of NMDA antagonists you can literally skip most of the mental withdrawal and loperamide helps for the physical one!