• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does marijuana use release dopamine/ serotonin?

^ best answer in this thread for sure .

Actually makes more sense and is prolly more accurate than any other answer that's here

thanks bro

I answered it already. If you smoke weed, you smoke THC. THC acts as a mild SSRI given that you smoke enough of it. Doesn't even need much, a gram of good weed in one go will do the trick. So yeah, we do know. :p

I answered it already. If you smoke weed, you smoke THC. THC acts as a mild SSRI given that you smoke enough of it. Doesn't even need much, a gram of good weed in one go will do the trick. So yeah, we do know. :p

YOU clearly don't know ...

If you DID know you would know that weed doesn't JUST have THC in it .
Has other compounds in it too , which act on the brain in a variety of different ways.

^ I find if I smoke anytime while I'm rolling ballz , I have a really bad memory the next day and I can only just about remember what happened the previous night ...

... Off topic though XD

^yeah. thats probly as broad and unspecific as a question can get haha. um it affects it positively..for a considerable duration of time..

Cannabis use does effect 5ht. Dopamine i'm not so sure of, guys you have to remember the cannabis plant has over 80 cannabinoids in it, i don't know how many is consumed but i'd say alot.

All those chemicals are further metabolised into different chemicals again... Cannabinoids in cannabis most definitely do not only effect the cb1 and cb2 receptors.

A little reading tells me apparently CBD(cannabidiol) one of the major cannabinoids is a 5-HT1A receptor agonist. According to wikipedia: "an action which is involved in its antidepressant, anxiolytic, and neuroprotective effects."

CBD has also been shown to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics at treating schizophrenia in recent studies, which kinda suggests some action on to do with dopamine.

So like cannabis does effect these neurotransmitters, but not exactly increasing the amount of them lol.

I encourage everyone to learn about cannabinoids they're very amazing chemicals.

Last edited:
Yep i had a similar question of asking how cannabis works and effects the brain. It truly is complex, compared to other drugs which usually have a set type of neurotransmitter(s) they work on.

The complexity of cannabis is what is really intriguing about it. How each strain, has a different amount of each cannabinoid, which in turns leaves you with a different experience with every strain.

I had the feeling that marijuana effected the dopamine level, because after a week or two of smoking alot, i feel it harder to talk in lengthy sentences, think of something to say. Correct me if im wrong, but in lower levels of dopamine your speech might be impaired.

I find anytime I smoke while rolling, the effects are 10x more pronounced and enjoyable and I feel it potentiates my euphoria, but also kills a lot of the stimulation.

no it does not shoot off serotonin but it does tickle if you will , the sert receptors making the receptor wiggle from side to side, producing this high we all love

HA! If indeed scientifically true or rather even if not I read that literally on the come up on the best high in weeks. That image has me smiling ear to ear.