• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Does lookism or body fascism make you angry?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Is there an obsession with the way people look or were being programmed by media to go for a certain type? If we had no media or digital media would this be a problem? Most my life I’ve been a bit insecure about my looks because sometimes I can put on weight when eating the lovely Chinese meals from takeaway, I just like food. Ive lost a bit weight recently and don’t look bad when I dress up in smart clothes. But there is the complete opposite when you get pretty girls go anorexic then die in hospital breaks my heart on Norfolk news uk! Was it bullying from average jealous girls or something?

https://news.sky.com/story/death-of...rt-an-avoidable-tragedy-report-finds-11161103

Just see her in her healthy state, she looks my ideal if I was 15years younger and looks harmless and innocent to me. I wouldnt say no and would of cheered her up out of this nonsense and gave her love.

I don’t really understand anorexia and Am i barking up the wrong tree here? Is it body image or something to do with not like eating due to hormone problems? Anyone enlighten me?

Well sod this world, I’ve come to the understanding this place is a place to learn not to be like and heaven is a place we should be like? Well I hope so!

Peace

Mark.

anorexia is to do with perfectionism and obsessive tendencies, often A grade students (who cannot accept less than perfect) become obsessed

surely its a form of self harm attacking your own imperfections instead of accepting them- we all defacate which is not very neat or pleasant and frankly its why we are alive and human.

people separate themselves from the animal and its many many flaws and somehow have to have everything be an ideal concept

to me this a belief system issue.

its to do with mis interpreting the confusing and at often times wrong messages that society is pumped full of via the media

cognitive maladaption + negative implications of a barrage of advertising that our animal predecessors never had to put up with

anorexia is to do with perfectionism and obsessive tendencies, often A grade students (who cannot accept less than perfect) become obsessed

surely its a form of self harm attacking your own imperfections instead of accepting them- we all defacate which is not very neat or pleasant and frankly its why we are alive and human.

people separate themselves from the animal and its many many flaws and somehow have to have everything be an ideal concept

to me this a belief system issue.

its to do with mis interpreting the confusing and at often times wrong messages that society is pumped full of via the media

cognitive maladaption + negative implications of a barrage of advertising that our animal predecessors never had to put up with

Well I reckon it’s down to TELL LIE VISION ! Give this false believe everything’s nice and perfect when it’s just there to sell products that isn’t all that tbh. NOTHING BUT A MONEY CULT! Humans weren’t really built to be hyper competitive, it should be about being co-operative and loving. Those students must be under a lot of pressure not knowing they are going to get a secure job or not at the end of the studies!

to be fair we were built for co-operation and competition both

but i agree the tv is just bad for us in so many ways mentally

it promotes visual lies that ultimately we never evolved to cope with

since people could talk there was always lies and we are used to that but to watch false images is very new and people have no inbuilt brain deffence for that so they soak it up like it really happened

If you're talking about fat shaming it's good. Being thinner leads to better health, self esteem, sex life etc. If it takes shaming to get people to lose weight good. Fat acceptance movement is cancer, you can't shame men into changing what they're attracted to and it shortens life spans.

treezy z said:
If you're talking about fat shaming it's good. ... If it takes shaming to get people to lose weight good.
Except that fat shaming doesn't actually cause people to lose weight, all it does is exacerbate whatever mental health issues and low self esteem caused them to get fat in the first place... at least in the vast majority of cases. Shaming, ie, just making people feel really bad about themselves, is generally never an effective or even, I would argue, morally acceptable way to convince people they need to change... at least when the thing you are trying to change about someone is really only harmful to themselves.

People are often mistaken about what's fat though. Some people really should lose weight, and to tell them they're beautiful the way they are is a fallacy; yet some people, particularly young girls, seem to be programmed to think that anything outside of a 00 waist size is fat. It's important for everyone to realize that there's a middle ground.

Most of the truly obese people I know in my life are well aware of their obesity, and never do anything to alter it. I'm watching my mother kill herself essentially because she refuses to lose her weight. Doctor told her it'll kill her, father tries to help her; nope, she'd rather die. I feel no shame in telling her she's obese and it saddens me that she'd rather die than live a healthier life.

We also put too much emphasis on diet; it's not diet that alters weight in this day and age, it's activity/exercise. I have a friend who was obese as hell when we were kids. He had a come to Jesus moment, and now the dude runs 6 miles a day. We all choose our weight. I'm scrawny as fuck, but I choose not to body-build/protein load. I blame no one for calling me a twig or laughing at my weight, I'm clearly unwilling to change it.

If you're okay with dying from obesity, that's your deal. Just don't be upset when people tell you the truth.

If you're talking about fat shaming it's good. Being thinner leads to better health, self esteem, sex life etc. If it takes shaming to get people to lose weight good. Fat acceptance movement is cancer, you can't shame men into changing what they're attracted to and it shortens life spans.

making out that being fat is healthy is stupid but attacking them will not solve the problem at all. people let themselves go cos they stop caring so something is wrong at some point with the cognitive side of things