• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does lexapro block DOC like it does mdma?

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I take 10mgs of lexapro a day and have had a few very dissapointing experiences with it blocking mdma/other SRA's. I had taken a 2-3 week break and tried mushrooms and it was pleasant for a 2.5 gram dose. So last night I tried it again on 30grams fresh and it felt like 1 gram dried. So I know it has an effect on mushrooms.

I have some DOC on the way and want to know if it will be blocked by the lexapro. If so, will increasing the DOC dose help or will it just block that too?

I feel like the lexapro really helps my mood/anxiety but I want to have fun with entheogens once in a while.

Not to my knowledge. The only drugs that SSRI's blocked for me was MDMA & Mushrooms which I didn't understand the latter, I had the equivalent of 7g super pure mush & didn't feel a thing ;-/

Don't mix SSRIs with MDMA. It can be very dangerous.

Lexapro + DOC shouldn't be a problem. It might dull the effects of the DOC a little, but you'll still trip.

lexapro should influence the effects of DOC. lexapro is an SSRI. SSRIs exert their influence through the secondary desensitization of serotonin receptors. SSRIs also influence the metabolism and effects of many drugs through their inhibition of various metabolic pathways. The structure of DOC suggest the chemical is likely a cyp2d6 substrate (a metabolic pathway inhibited by SSRIs). that means your body is less efficient at eliminating the chemical while on SSRIs resulting in higher levels of the chemical in your blood. DOC also exhibits significant serotonegric agonism and your body is likely less sensitive to the overall effects because of the SSRI.

http://www.drugs.com/monograph/escitalopram-oxalate.html

TLDR: your body should respond less strongly to some of the effects of DOC and you'll likely experience increased plasma concentrations of DOC.

So Lexapro blocks mdma and mushrooms but not other psychedelics? That's weird since they all work on serotonin. It blocked 4-aco-dmt, 4-fa, and 5-mapb. I've never had a full on mdma experience and I guess I won't as long as I'm on ssri's. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

It will probably dull the trip at least to some degree. When I was taking 20 mg of lexapro, DOC was pretty underwhelming for me. Minor visuals and body high but nothing much more than that

It blocked 4-aco-dmt

This is a psychedelic and is more in effect like DOC than the other chemicals you listed. So if you didn't trip from it while on Lexapro you probably won't get anything from the DOC either.

Lexapro doesn't dull mushrooms for me. And I reacted the same as my girlfriend to 4-HO-MET even though she's on no medication. Same with every psychedelic I've ever tried.

Different SSRIs affect different drugs differently. I'm pretty sure there's a little list on Erowid somewhere...

Mushrooms vary in potency. You really never know what you're gonna get. And sometimes mushrooms are very tricksy, I've felt sober on them only to realize how strongly they were affecting me beneath my notice.

Different SSRIs affect different drugs differently. I'm pretty sure there's a little list on Erowid somewhere...

We're on the same SSRI.

Yes... and no. DOC is a selective 5ht2a/5ht2c agonist with a high binding affinity and a higher intrinsic activity. While the SSRI might alter the character of the drug experience, due to reasons explained above, it's less likely to block something loud and flashy like DOC than something more subtle like 4-aco-dmt.

Yes, SSRIs are surprisingly different. It's a common misconception that they function identically for everyone.

Ive been on a daily dose of 40Mg of lexapro(cipralex), for many years now, and sadly no hallucinogenic are working for me. L.S.D. shrooms, DMT, MDMA, etc, NOTHING. Very sad.

Its almost as I just wanna get off those SSRI`s, 40Mg is a pretty big dose, and I dont even know if it makes me any happier.

But one thing I havent tried is 4-HO-MET.
Anyone tried that together with a big dose of lexapro???

4-HO-MET is very close to the psilocin in mushrooms so its not looking good.

Like Doldrugs says SSRI's are different and every person is different. Some people can trip on SSRI's while other have diminished, changed or no effect with them... it's unpredictable and it's not a great idea to try and compensate for lacking effect.

Meaning that even if someone responded with having experience with exactly 4-HO-MET and lexapro, it doesn't really tell you that much. Sorry.