• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Kratom really work for opiate withdrawals?! Needing to know!

For a first time user, I'd recommend closer to 2-3grams.
It's normal to get that headache when over doing it with kratom.

so for a habit like mine, should i be taking 2-3 grams or 8-10 grams? I believe i have been told both so i dont know how many i should take.

so for a habit like mine, should i be taking 2-3 grams or 8-10 grams? I believe i have been told both so i dont know how many i should take.

With your tolerance I think you could get away with starting with a higher amount.

Thanks Aporia. I'll try a lesser dose next time. I just want to have days where I'm not constantly thinking about taking something to get high. I work full time, have a family, and use Tapentatol to escape all the stress. Except now I crave it all day long while I'm at work. I need the cravings to subside so I can focus while at work.

Does anyone know how many grams fit inside a good sized capsule? Is that how others ingest Kratom? I feel so silly asking these questions but I'm sure someone here can help me out. I remember when I received my container of Phenibut, it had a tiny little measuring spoon for a gram. Wish I'd kept it when I threw out the Phenibut! When I filled the capsules with Kratom, I estimated that maybe 2 grams went into each?

How does everyone here take Kratom? It's all swallowed, right? No one snorts it, smokes it, or plugs it, right? Just making sure!!! Thank you!!

Thanks Aporia. I'll try a lesser dose next time. I just want to have days where I'm not constantly thinking about taking something to get high. I work full time, have a family, and use Tapentatol to escape all the stress. Except now I crave it all day long while I'm at work. I need the cravings to subside so I can focus while at work.

Does anyone know how many grams fit inside a good sized capsule? Is that how others ingest Kratom? I feel so silly asking these questions but I'm sure someone here can help me out. I remember when I received my container of Phenibut, it had a tiny little measuring spoon for a gram. Wish I'd kept it when I threw out the Phenibut! When I filled the capsules with Kratom, I estimated that maybe 2 grams went into each?

How does everyone here take Kratom? It's all swallowed, right? No one snorts it, smokes it, or plugs it, right? Just making sure!!! Thank you!!

I just put about 5 grams in water or OJ and stir, it's not that bad as the toss and wash method. Don't bother with the capsules it just delays the onset.

I take a tablespoon (which is roughly 7g) and toss and wash. I put some water in my mouth, put the kratom in and then a bit more water, then just swallow. It took some getting use to! I'm not sure how much capsules will hold. I think it depends on the size of the capsule.

Toss n wash is easy , IF you do it right......
I just use water , but the best is iced espresso or choco milk -
The key is tipping your head way back and not tipping fwd until swallowed .... And not too much per swallow , just 2-3G. At once
I take a gulp w my head back first so there's no dryish spots in my throat - then get a good med. size gulp in my mouth w/ head way back and tip the spoon right on top of the water , swallow and immediately take another gulp before breathing in or out ( if there's any powder left and you breathe in , you'll know it - I almost puked once ..... )

It's very easy and no taste -
I've never tried a red v. , for me the zero energy is about the hardest part of w/d - I've almost always blended green (for a good mindset) and white (for some pick me up ) together ..... Green Malaysian has been my fav. By far
I've felt better w a little krat than I have in years, even when weening down and jumping - it blew me away how effective it is , and as much as I hate to say it - I'm sure that's why dea got pushed to sch. It .....it really is a injustice

Toss n wash is easy , IF you do it right......
I just use water , but the best is iced espresso or choco milk -
The key is tipping your head way back and not tipping fwd until swallowed .... And not too much per swallow , just 2-3G. At once
I take a gulp w my head back first so there's no dryish spots in my throat - then get a good med. size gulp in my mouth w/ head way back and tip the spoon right on top of the water , swallow and immediately take another gulp before breathing in or out ( if there's any powder left and you breathe in , you'll know it - I almost puked once ..... )

It's very easy and no taste -
I've never tried a red v. , for me the zero energy is about the hardest part of w/d - I've almost always blended green (for a good mindset) and white (for some pick me up ) together ..... Green Malaysian has been my fav. By far
I've felt better w a little krat than I have in years, even when weening down and jumping - it blew me away how effective it is , and as much as I hate to say it - I'm sure that's why dea got pushed to sch. It .....it really is a injustice

That swallowing technique of tilting your head back is wrong. Proper swallowing for medication has been told as "chin-to-chest" swallowing.

I mix mine in either V8 juice or OJ or I use 000 capsules, packing the large capsules myself by hand I can get 1+ gram in each.

That swallowing technique of tilting your head back is wrong. Proper swallowing for medication has been told as "chin-to-chest" swallowing.

That works good mainly for pills that float , but w powder krat. You'd throw up !! I know I would ..... That's the whole point of keeping tipped way back , you don't want that shit to even touch your mouth

kratom is more effective at curbing opiate withdrawals than i expected..i know a couple of heroin addicts, good habits for many years..well i gave them 50 grams and said take 5-6 grams every 3-4 hours..i didnt really think a low dose like that would hold them but it did! they both reacted very well to kratom..it just sucks because now they see kratom as a way to get away with binging hard on heroin and when they run out, use kratom for 2-3 days..

Thanks for the insight everyone. The online vendor I used to purchase my first order of Kratom says tomorrow (Tuesday 9/27) is the last day to order. I've only just started using it but I'd like to get a good supply ordered before it's no longer available. Can anyone provide guidance as to the best kinds? I've only tried Bali Kratom, which was very inexpensive. Their site also offers "enhanced" Kratom like Super Enhanced Maeng Da Thai Kratom or Ultra Enhanced Indo Kratom ... But those are ridiculously expensive! Just wondering if anyone has favorites they can recommend. I've tried to do some research but usually get good feedback from this forum. Thank you!

The vendor I just used had a poll on the left hand side that asked what your favorite type of kratom was. This included powder, leaf, extracts and enhanced. If you choose one, it'll show you the results and 81% (8,051 voters) of users of this specific vendor and poll voted powder. But I can't state for any specific strands. But I have heard that extracts are ineffective and overly priced. I just ordered some standard Bali powder myself.

All of the strains feel the same, ime. You're better off changing the effects by varying your dose, than you are with different strains.

Don't bother w the enhanced ..... It will just blow your tolerance up ..... I would suggest getting a few different strains so you can swap them up every few days , I know ime after about 3-4 days you can tell it's not the same - switch strains and be golden again
- also mixing a few together works well , I usually do a green/ white mix. - my first few weeks off opi's I needed more help w energy and would do a 50/50 mix , now that's a little much and stay straight green or for days I'm dragging ass and have a busy evening I do about 25% white
And , again ime , I wouldn't take within 4 hrs of going to bed - it really keeps me up if I do .....