• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does Kratom lower testosterone and if so how long to get normal T levels back?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
I've heard a lot of people say that all opioids/opiates lower testosterone and I have been taking a lot of Kratom lately and on my off days obviously feeling kind of low so I think they might be correct even though I'm hoping they aren't.

I plan on taking a LONG break next month, the plan is for it to be AT LEAST six month or hopefully more, and I am wondering, if in fact it DOES lower testosterone, how long do people think I'd need to abstain for my T levels to get back to normal??

I'm a physically active male who does his sport of choice a few times a week, has overall decent physical health all things considered, though I'm about 25lbs overweight, eats well and is in his mid 30s.

I'd think the testosterone-levels are about to turn back to normal as soon as the amount of mytraginine (-analogs) in your bloodstream drops below a certain threshold level (also dependent on tolerance). It should then not take more than a few days (more like one day), until you have your natural testo-level reestablished.

I have the feeling, that at low doses Kratom does not cause a significant decrease in testosterone. You have to take constant medium/high doses in order to lower your T-levels.

I'd think the testosterone-levels are about to turn back to normal as soon as the amount of mytraginine (-analogs) in your bloodstream drops below a certain threshold level (also dependent on tolerance). It should then not take more than a few days (more like one day), until you have your natural testo-level reestablished.

I have the feeling, that at low doses Kratom does not cause a significant decrease in testosterone. You have to take constant medium/high doses in order to lower your T-levels.

I do take what most would consider very high doses of Kratom BUT I don't dose every single day.

At my worst I have dosed every other day lately...sometimes two days in a row but not more than that.

But I often take an ounce in a day and dose sometimes 18 grams at once, so would that be enough to lower my test levels??

I'm going to be realistic and say that unfortunately it probably does as I notice my libido is not what it normally is without it BUT...if you are correct that the natural test levels return that quickly than I think I have nothing to worry about.

I mean I'd GUESS that a serious daily dependence on EXTRACTS or even more so actual Oxycodone/Oxycontin/Hydrocodone would be worse but that's not saying much.

I'd really only be concerned if like a month of COMPLETE abstainence STILL didn't get my test levels back to normal but that's highly unlikely right??

What is your reasoning (or possible source??) for thinking that the test levels return that quickly??

Do you only take Kratom? Do you take any other opiates? If your able to quit Kratom for 6 months why even fuck with it, if you are worried about it messing with your T levels. I would recommend getting your levels checked out. I don't think you will find an accurate answer until you test your own T-levels out, and you can go from there.

I am just finding out that opiates lower,T levels so I am going to get mine tested. I wish I can give you a better answer. That's a lot of Kratom, I would definitely get it checked out. I have done it before The results are relatively fast.
Hopefully somebody on the board has some experience with your exact issue wish you luck man

Do you only take Kratom? Do you take any other opiates? If your able to quit Kratom for 6 months why even fuck with it, if you are worried about it messing with your T levels. I would recommend getting your levels checked out. I don't think you will find an accurate answer until you test your own T-levels out, and you can go from there.

I am just finding out that opiates lower,T levels so I am going to get mine tested. I wish I can give you a better answer. That's a lot of Kratom, I would definitely get it checked out. I have done it before The results are relatively fast.
Hopefully somebody on the board has some experience with your exact issue wish you luck man

No I don't take other opiates.

I really like Kratom and really the ONLY reason I'd be concerned about it messing with my T levels is because I MIGHT have an amateur boxing fight in about 9 months give or take, and I'd want to be sure my test levels were back to normal within about 6 months max.

I plan on quitting for about 9 months or so starting next month.

I mean so almost anyone would agree that it would probably be HIGHLY unlikely that my test levels wouldn't be pack to normal in 6 months of abstanaince then why SHOULDN'T I take a substance I enjoy like Kratom??

I'm not even sure I understand your point.

Like as if the only reason to take Kratom is if you are already addicted??

For some of us with anxiety and depression like myself, it can help, not to mention it feels fucking good lol.

I'll only get my test levels checked once I have ALREADY abstained for more than 3 months and think my competition would actually be getting close.

Otherwise, there's really no point IMO.

@Mycophile

How is your perceived testo-level doing ? If you stopped Kratom a few days ago, you should already feel the production increase now ? An update would be interesting. Thanks.

I remember you were also doing Phenibut irregularly. In my perception (pure speculation) that one is influencing T-Levels. It is allegedly raising it in the short term but my impression is, that is can also have the opposite effect.

BTW : Zinc is needed for endogenous testo synthesis. It is in a lot of sea food but you can also take synthed stuff.

@Mycophile

How is your perceived testo-level doing ? If you stopped Kratom a few days ago, you should already feel the production increase now ? An update would be interesting. Thanks.

I remember you were also doing Phenibut irregularly. In my perception (pure speculation) that one is influencing T-Levels. It is allegedly raising it in the short term but my impression is, that is can also have the opposite effect.

BTW : Zinc is needed for endogenous testo synthesis. It is in a lot of sea food but you can also take synthed stuff.

I feel like my libido has improved over the past 5 days without so that may be because of that.

I never heard anyone say that Phenibut effects test levels.

Are you SURE it does and if so, how long without do you think it would take to get them back to normal after stopping Phenibut??

I only dose Phenibut 1-2 days a week MAX....usually only one, so I don't know if that would even be enough, even though I do dose up to 4,000mgs in a day.