• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Kratom cause you to have semi-lucid dreams?

Ecsuguy22

Bluelighter
I had a question about Kratom does it cause you to have semi-lucid dreams? Like you're still conscious but have lucid dreams. Thanks for your answers.

I had a question about Kratom does it cause you to have semi-lucid dreams? Like you're still conscious but have lucid dreams. Thanks for your answers.

yes. but it's only happened 3/50+ times doing it, kratom's effects can be somewhat unpredictable but lucid dreaming is by far it's most spectacular effect, I have experienced half dreaming states where I've been on another world living out bizarre dream like scenarios for hours on end, sometimes it seems as though I can still see my bedroom and my sleeping body during the dream, like a split consciousness or something... I've even had lucid dreams that are more like DMT trips, hyper colorful, very far out... wish someone could isolate just this effect but more often than not drinking kratom before bed time leaves me itchy and uncomfortable, for me kratom is like rolling a dice between sedative and stimulant effects.. but lucid dreaming is it's rarest, nicest effect.

Kratom causes what I call "done sleep". It reminds of hydrocodone in the way it messes with my dreams. I wouldn't call it lucid dreaming but I can remember the dreams in vivid detail once I wake up.

^ Same here, it doesn't increase the lucidity of the dream for me, rather the apparent intensity, and the impression left upon waking.

I find opioids (mainly hydrocodone) to stimulate dreams, or put you into a very shallow sleep that is similar to an extend period of REM. I find the experience to be very vivid and with what I feel to be some positive peripheral sensations. I really find it to be a tad bit different than just inducing vivid dreams with supplements like caffeine, meletonin, 5-htp, etc.

The whole 'nod' effect of opiates puts you into a dream-like state where you can actually have somewhat of a trip. I got this more so with kratom than any other non-psych I've ever done. Many will agree that kratom does have a certain psych/introspective quality to it. One time I took just a little bit too much, got extremely high but was a bit nauseus too. I went and lied down and started going in and out of quite a euphoric trippy state, it was mucho enjoyable, granted the nausea sucked.

Also, I sort of notice pretty lucid dreams if I take kratom when I'm tired. Sleep deprivation ALWAYS induces pretty movie-like dreams in me, especially if I use stims to stay awake.

I've been lucky enough to get this effect fairly regularly from kratom, even with (at times) heavy daily use. It's this effect, and its relatively introspective nature, that has made me continue to prefer it to "real" opiates.

My own experience falls in line with what Cloudy mentioned about being put into a very shallow sleep similar to REM sleep--this is what I think opioid users refer to as "nodding." Even apart from that, I've found that it stimulates my actual night time dreaming as well, but only at times when my tolerance was low. Otherwise, if my tolerance was through the roof from eating it multiple times every day, I wouldn't dream at all at night since I was doing all my dreaming during the day instead. 8(

I totally had an amazing "lucid dream" when I first tried kratom

I get some interesting brain movies/image flashes when I nod on kratom. It does seem to cause me to recall dreams much better but not really lucid dreaming.

how are you people nodding on kratom? do you use extracts? I can get sedated on kratom but not quite to a nodding state. I only burn plain leaf though.

Extracts are useless, IME. I've only gotten to that state using plain leaf, plus some cannabis to smooth things out. I think this is because whenever I used kratom, I'd do it pretty much constantly until I ran out, so I always knew where my tolerance was at. That way I could push my dose to where it would be just slightly less than too much (heavy, but just short of dizzying/nauseating).

I do not recommend this method though, as my relationship with this plant is not healthy and I can't use it much at all anymore for that reason.

not to mention the hangover you when you continue to redose

Yes, I had a great first time experience with kratom causing me to have lucid dreams. I thought It was just another opiate-like nod but it was too euphoric and intense to be that. When my body got heavy and I creeped into bed I recall that I was every now and then, realizing that my dreams were lucid. The light was on above me and I was so captivated by this euphoric experience that I had no desire to turn it off. I ended up falling asleep with it on. A very memorable night that was.

Sorry about reviving this old ass thread but I had a fucking intense experience with kratom dreams, or in my case nightmares.

First my tolerance is basically none when taking kratom but seems to be higher when taking other opiates. it takes me 20 - 30mg of hydrocodone to feel it/ nod but only 2- 4 grams of premium indo kratom to be satisfied.

Anyway I'm pretty damn depressed and have possible ADD. Kratom usually helps with my depression but this experience was just strange.

I had redosed twice the day of the incident:

1st: 5pm, 3 grams in tea

2nd: 1130pm, 3 grams in tea

3rd: 430am, 5 grams of leaf in applesauce

The only reason I had the third dose is to get rid of a headache I had and I knock me out. I was expecting some nausea so 15 minutes after dosing I went to lay down. After about 30 minutes of dicking around on my iPod I started to feel the nausea and euphoria hit me so I stopped what I was doing closed my eyes and almost immediately fell asleep.

The dream that follows felt completely real, I remember every part of it and at the time believed completely that it was my reality.

First I was hanging out with a few people I vaguely know in a video store then we decide to go, in the parking lot. I run into an old friend in the lot, I have intense feelings for her and we used to know each other fairly well. She pulls out some E pills and offers some to us if we chill for a while. I take one and then moments later she starts to act cold and says we have to leave.

I'm pretty upset and I leave and drive home. I get home and find that my parents have been replaced by two narcissistic assholes that proceed to tell me that I am basically the scum of the earth. At this point I have a complete psychotic breakdown that felt similar to a weed panic attack only 20 times worse. I believe it to be caused by stimulant psychosis.

I continue to have strange psychotic illusions that put me through mental hell until I finally wake up and am almost surprised to be back in normal reality. Upon waking I get some pretty bad nausea so i just went back to sleep, only this time without the nightmares.

I guess I attribute this experience to a mix of redosing, my depression, and the bigger dose plus the better absorption of the strait plant material. I'm also sure it didn't help that it was 5am.

^ Kratom used to cause me to have very vivid, but awesome dreams when I first started taking it. Like yours, mine typically involve drugs and sexy females so I don't mind them. I mean these "dreams" have sensory feeling, I remember one dream where I had taken some L and during the dream I even had mild visuals and I actually felt a great body high. Later on I was dragged into a room by some hot female and she began giving me head and I actually felt every second of it! Needless to say that was the best dream ever lol. Before getting into kratom I had gone years without a single dream as I've always been a heavy toker and weed inhibits dreams, pretty well I might add. Nowadays I still get the occasional vivid dream but not at the intensity as before. These dreams happen most when I take a moderate dose and go to sleep immediately.

As for the original post? I've rarely had these "awaken lucid dreams" that I get from other opioids. I mean a couple times before sleep if I'm tired, stoned, and high on kratom I've occasionally gotten the effect where I dream while awake but it's very few and far between.

I used to be so addicted to kratom that I would wake up like clockwork at 5 or 6am in withdrawal and need to dose. Many times when this happened I would have super vivid dreams before waking up again at 8:30.