• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Does Kratom block/dampen Morphine?

User145667

Bluelighter
7 HOM is a partial agonist and therefore works as an opioid blocker, similar to Buprenorphine. (Partial agonists apparently are also partial antagonists. Kinda half and half situation, from what I've been reading). I've had Kratom seemingly block Oxycodone in the past, but in theory the Oxy should have knocked the Kratom off the receptor since it has higher binding affinity, but it seems like it didn't do that. I'm getting some Poppy Pods soon (being that I no longer trust pills because of all the Fentanyl based counterfeits going around these days, and in the interest of harm reduction, I would advise all of you to steer clear from any pain pills on the street unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are legit).

Does anyone have experience with taking Morphine after you've been using Kratom? Did it dampen or block the effects? I remember reading on here a guy saying that it seemed to block/dampen Oxy for him, but not morphine. He theorized that maybe Kratom effects the metabolization of the opioids that are prodrugs, and that's why it did not effect Morphine. Is there any validity to this claim? It seems true because Oxy has a far greater Mu affinity than 7HOM and should therefore knock the 7HO off the receptor, no?

Also, if Kratom does not effect the metabolization of Opioid prodrugs, then is there a reason why Oxycodone did not seem to knock Oxycodone off of the receptor? I find it hard to believe that taking Kratom every other day could cause me not to feel 40mg of Oxycodone. Even when I was using BTH daily and/or taking 5-7 pod teas I could still get a descent high from 20mg of Oxycodone. I don't know how something as weak as Kratom could cause me not to feel anything but a slight buzz off of 40mg. Especially considering I was only using it every other day at the time of this experience. And the pills were definitely legit. I would not have taken them if I had thought they could be counterfeits

I'm not worried about its effect on the codeine within the tea because my liver doesn't metabolize Codeine anyways. I've drank an entire bottle of the stuff with only a slight buzz, believe it or not (but Tramadol gets me flying, or at least it did back on the day) so I'm one of those people. Just worried about Kratom's effect on Morphine specifically.

The reason I ask is because I would like to be able to seamlessly alternate between Poppy Tea and Kratom at a moments notice by alternating between days, without wasting the Tea through a possible blocking effect

Also, what is the general amount of Morphine within a single dried Poppy pod (roughly a baseball sized one)? I know there is no concrete answer but does anyone know the general ball park of their Morphine content? Can you provide a literary source to back up your answer? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Last edited:
Yes, in my experience daily use of kratom will dull both oxycodone and oxymorphone, but only slightly. It's not an antagonistic effect like naloxone or naltrexone, it's a tolerance thing and possibly due to CYP 3a4 inhibition.

Morphine would avoid 3a4 inhibitors, so kratom may only slightly raise tolerance to that. Kratom did nothing to block fentanyl for me.

Yes, in my experience daily use of kratom will dull both oxycodone and oxymorphone, but only slightly. It's not an antagonistic effect like naloxone or naltrexone, it's a tolerance thing and possibly due to CYP 3a4 inhibition.

Morphine would avoid 3a4 inhibitors, so kratom may only slightly raise tolerance to that. Kratom did nothing to block fentanyl for me.

Yeah I dont think anything is going to block Fentanyl lol. And that is what I was hoping to hear, thanks bud

7 HOM is a partial agonist and therefore works as an opioid blocker, similar to Buprenorphine. (Partial agonists apparently are also partial antagonists. Kinda half and half situation, from what I've been reading). I've had Kratom seemingly block Oxycodone in the past, but in theory the Oxy should have knocked the Kratom off the receptor since it has higher binding affinity, but it seems like it didn't do that. I'm getting some Poppy Pods soon (being that I no longer trust pills because of all the Fentanyl based counterfeits going around these days, and in the interest of harm reduction, I would advise all of you to steer clear from any pain pills on the street unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are legit).

Does anyone have experience with taking Morphine after you've been using Kratom? Did it dampen or block the effects? I remember reading on here a guy saying that it seemed to block/dampen Oxy for him, but not morphine. He theorized that maybe Kratom effects the metabolization of the opioids that are prodrugs, and that's why it did not effect Morphine. Is there any validity to this claim? It seems true because Oxy has a far greater Mu affinity than 7HOM and should therefore knock the 7HO off the receptor, no?

Also, if Kratom does not effect the metabolization of Opioid prodrugs, then is there a reason why Oxycodone did not seem to knock Oxycodone off of the receptor? I find it hard to believe that taking Kratom every other day could cause me not to feel 40mg of Oxycodone. Even when I was using BTH daily and/or taking 5-7 pod teas I could still get a descent high from 20mg of Oxycodone. I don't know how something as weak as Kratom could cause me not to feel anything but a slight buzz off of 40mg. Especially considering I was only using it every other day at the time of this experience. And the pills were definitely legit. I would not have taken them if I had thought they could be counterfeits

I'm not worried about its effect on the codeine within the tea because my liver doesn't metabolize Codeine anyways. I've drank an entire bottle of the stuff with only a slight buzz, believe it or not (but Tramadol gets me flying, or at least it did back on the day) so I'm one of those people. Just worried about Kratom's effect on Morphine specifically.

The reason I ask is because I would like to be able to seamlessly alternate between Poppy Tea and Kratom at a moments notice by alternating between days, without wasting the Tea through a possible blocking effect

Also, what is the general amount of Morphine within a single dried Poppy pod (roughly a baseball sized one)? I know there is no concrete answer but does anyone know the general ball park of their Morphine content? Can you provide a literary source to back up your answer? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all
I was.on methadone for back pain for 21 years my Dr decided to take me off of anyone that been threw methadone withdrawl knows it feels like your diying I got kratom red Bali and no joke I had zero withdrawl it saved me weeks of torture

The opioids in Kratom maybe partial agonists but they definitely don’t work like buprenorphine which will throw a person dependent on a full mu opioid receptor agonist into withdrawal, kratom thankful doesn’t do that.