• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Does Heroin Expire?

JC07

Greenlighter
Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows if powdered heroin expires?

I'm thinking of keeping some in long term storage, placing a baggie of powdered heroin in a air-tight mason jar with a small oxygen absorber.

What do you guys think?

Will it be good for a couple of years or what?

Not really no. Kept in reasonable conditions it will last for years. Opiates are remarkably stable alkaloids.

There were some scientists that dug up some grave that was well over 100 years old, found some morphine and it was still potent.

Heroin will outlast you probably. If it gets moisture in it or already contains some it will slowly hydrolyze over time. This means it will slowly turn into 6-monoacetylmorphine then morphine. So it’ll actually get better for a bit as 6-MAM is better than heroin and the active metabolite of H.

-GC

I'm thinking of keeping some in long term storage, placing a baggie of powdered heroin in a air-tight mason jar with a small oxygen absorber.

What do you guys think?

If it's properly stored, no.

That's assuming that it's pure, Whatever the hell is cut with, on the other hand, could expire or actually change into another chemical over time.

What do you guys think?

Does heroin even exist any more??? I thought everything is fetty with tranquilizer??