• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does everybody start smoking young?

[EDIT: Though I do agree with the disagreement about how.... cavalier, you said? How cavalier a young person could be about something so different than what this forum is designed to discuss. No drug should be idolized, ever. That's, like.... fuck, I'm actually at a loss of words.... That's just bad. The first bad domino in a long line of progressively worse and worse dominoes.]

On-topic: Started smoking when I was 13, got expelled/arrested in the same incident my freshman year, labeled a pothead and just went with it. Daily smoking since I could afford it.... maybe 15 or 16 or so, though back then I was a much more social smoker.

I still smoke with other people, I just always have a large stash on hand these days, compared to the days of four guys coming together off the schoolbus with 5 bucks each to go share a bag of weed. Back then I was kind of forced to smoke with other people more often than not. That situation's been totally reversed nowadays, though.

It's not just kids adults idolize drugs too. I did it for a long time. It's a symptom of personality problems, which teens have in spades. We want something outside of ourselves that will fulfill us instead of looking within.

No. It was never really heavily policed here so I never cared about the legality. It makes me paranoid and anxious for no reason.

That's probably of more weight the way the law is lived by, then wether it's technical legal or illegality. Where i resume it's certainlly not legal, by far not but decriminalized for personal use for decades. And it smokes a lot more at ease then the one oppurtunity I had to score and smoke outside Europe.

But it heightens the senses Cannabis, maybe that's the reason putting up a persons fav music helps as it turns the focus from the fight & flee system to your audio circuits. Now I think of it arousing activities also seem able to elude from anxiousness kinda by making them useful. I have some great anecdotes on that last one concerning shrooms and weed %)

I started when i was 13 smoking some of the best nug in the world (Cali Bay Area dispensaries) and since then moved to texas where there is a ton of shit weed. Locals think its really good weed but its completely shit to me and along with the lower quality comes paranoia slightly and just an overall shittier high. it doesn't really feel great. I was also used to smoking a half oz in a day at 14 years old of amazing nug so the reason could be i am so used to the great weed that the OK weed is jus different enough of a high that I am not used to it and get anxiety and paranoia similar to when i first started smoking.

I started at 18 but I also got anxiety paranoia and stopped smoking for several years in my 20s but now I smoke again in my 30s only I no longer abuse it. I never smoke more than once a day and not every single day. Wish I could have followed that rule when I was first started, not only would it have saved me from becoming a paranoid wreck but it also would have allowed me to get a lot more high without tolerance issues.

Its kinda funny that you mentioned that you started in middle school and developed paranoia/anxiety from heavy smoking because I too have developed the same types of problems, even some physical problems! Just like burn out has stated it has made me a paranoid wreck, i'm sure its because of the amount that I have used. It's really shitty because now because any other substances that I use (mainly natural) has a somewhat bad effect on my body. Going from smoking every day for years to nothing really sucked. I almost felt as if I didn't really know who I was because my mind and body had developed as a pot smoker. Now I can see what it was truly doing to my body, I felt my body being cleansed of all the chemicals in the pot. Although I still use occasionally I have realized like many others that moderation is really key to these types of things, I guess when I was younger I didn't understand that concept. Looking back I truly regret that now just as you did! I have a view that pharms really mess your shit up more than the natural stuff, I also believe anything has the potential to mess with ya if you have enough of it for long periods of time. I really wish some people would quit saying that you can smoke as much pot as you want and nothing bad will come of it, its just simply false...we listened and guess what...

I started at 14...at times I've wished I'd have waited at least a couple years more, but then I don't know where I'd be now in that situation & there's no point in wishing to change the past, I'm a heavy smoker but I know how to be somewhat responsible & use my buds in a therapeutic way which is all I really care about

I first smoked it ~11 but didn't start regularly until I was 15/16, then I quit for months because excessive use caused panic attacks and ironically enough I've been smoking it since to relieve my anxiety and panic attacks. Most people that I've known started smoking it in high school.