• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom Sleep Tabs) help at all to relieve anxiety?

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I saw on another website that someone had used doxylamine succinate to help relieve their anxiety when they were in a pinch and was very curious as to whether or not it could truly at least partially ease anxiety. I would've asked in the forum I originally saw this information in but it was closed.

Have any of you ever used this to ease your anxiety?

Assuming it helps (even if only slightly), what dosage (mgs) would be sufficient?
I'm a 26 year old female at the current weight of 135-140 lbs, if it helps to know.

Thank you all in advance! Your input is beyond appreciated.
I've been dealing with this anxiety shit for far too long and my doctor isn't willing to raise my dose of 1mg of klonopin per day.

My old doctor had me on 3 mgs of Xanax a day so needless to say, 1mg of klonopin doesn't do much for me.

Compared to 3mg Xanax (or even compared to 1mg Klonopin) it won't do shit, sorry.
I've never really found Anti-histamines to help. If you only have mild anxiety they might.

Have you tried Chlorpromazine? It's not a benzo (its an anti-psychotic) but 50mg is as effective as 10mg Valium. I take either 50 or 100mg when my anxiety gets bad and it's the only non-benzo that has ever helped. I'd take it on top of the Klonopin, though, not instead of.

Compared to 3mg Xanax (or even compared to 1mg Klonopin) it won't do shit, sorry.
I've never really found Anti-histamines to help. If you only have mild anxiety they might.

Have you tried Chlorpromazine? It's not a benzo (its an anti-psychotic) but 50mg is as effective as 10mg Valium. I take either 50 or 100mg when my anxiety gets bad and it's the only non-benzo that has ever helped. I'd take it on top of the Klonopin, though, not instead of.
Ah fuck, I genuinely wanted to ask my doctor about it and try it out but it interacts with other medications I'm on like birth control and stimulants. Fuckin sucks cause I know she'd be willing to let me try it.

Do you know if 50 mg of Librium (the equivalent of 1mg kpin) would perhaps work better than klonopin?

Ah fuck, I genuinely wanted to ask my doctor about it and try it out but it interacts with other medications I'm on like birth control and stimulants. Fuckin sucks cause I know she'd be willing to let me try it.

Do you know if 50 mg of Librium (the equivalent of 1mg kpin) would perhaps work better than klonopin?

If it's the equivalent I imagine it would work about the same. It varies from person-to-person, though, so it's worth a try.

If it's the equivalent I imagine it would work about the same. It varies from person-to-person, though, so it's worth a try.
Alright, thank you so much 😊 man I seriously wish I could try Chlorpromazine. Do you know of any other drugs that are similar to that one in terms of anxiety relief?

Alright, thank you so much 😊 man I seriously wish I could try Chlorpromazine. Do you know of any other drugs that are similar to that one in terms of anxiety relief?

The only other one that's really helped me - actually better than benzo's as no side-effects - is Phenobarbital, not barbiturates are really hard to get as they are so easy to O.D. on (the amount needed to OD is only slightly higher than the prescription dose).
You could ask about Chlorpromazine? I think they call it Thorazine in the US, btw.

The only other one that's really helped me - actually better than benzo's as no side-effects - is Phenobarbital, not barbiturates are really hard to get as they are so easy to O.D. on (the amount needed to OD is only slightly higher than the prescription dose).
You could ask about Chlorpromazine? I think they call it Thorazine in the US, btw.
You've been so helpful to me, thank you so much!

IME doxylamine helps very slightly but it mainly is used as a sleep aid. It's very sedating and might make you tired before relieving any anxiety.

Side note it will come up as a false positive for a few different things if you are drug tested by your Dr. Used to be a huge problem for me.

Could be used in a pinch. Problem is its pretty sedating. Diphenhydramine may be a better option during the day as it is less sedating. Doxylamine seems to have more anxiolytic properties however from my experience.

You might be able to get things even if they do interact btw. I'm on all sorts of things that severely interact. My G.P. even admitted that if I were to take the maximum dose of all of my meds at once, I'd probably be able to undergo surgery.

Like Dihydrocodeine, Morphine, Codeine, Seroquel, Depakote, Cyclizine, Thorazine, Chlorphenamine, Naproxen. Bisoprolol, sometimes a benzo, CBD, often DXM, Keppra, Trazodone..

You might be able to get things even if they do interact btw. I'm on all sorts of things that severely interact. My G.P. even admitted that if I were to take the maximum dose of all of my meds at once, I'd probably be able to undergo surgery.

Like Dihydrocodeine, Morphine, Codeine, Seroquel, Depakote, Cyclizine, Thorazine, Chlorphenamine, Naproxen. Bisoprolol, sometimes a benzo, CBD, often DXM, Keppra, Trazodone..

I've often wondered how you even remain conscious lol

I've often wondered how you even remain conscious lol

Hahaha tolerance I guess. I do sleep A LOT, though. I always have a natural high tolerance to all meds, even if it's my first time taking it. I'm only a little over 100lbs too so it's not like I'm a big 300lb guy, either. I think it is just tolerance, like there've been people on intervention who drink more than half a gallon of vodka a day. I used to drink 5 bottles of wine a day but I can't imagine that much vodka.

Hahaha tolerance I guess. I do sleep A LOT, though. I always have a natural high tolerance to all meds, even if it's my first time taking it. I'm only a little over 100lbs too so it's not like I'm a big 300lb guy, either. I think it is just tolerance, like there've been people on intervention who drink more than half a gallon of vodka a day. I used to drink 5 bottles of wine a day but I can't imagine that much vodka.

I can understand that. I used to use large amounts of morphine along with multiple powerfully hypnotic benzos and somas and still not be able to sleep. Good times.

What a combination! :LOL:

Does that lot not cause severe constipation?

People and doctors only use antihistamines for anxiety because it makes you sleepy. Does f all for my anxiety

The only antihistamine I found to help anxiety was promethazine. If you're in the UK you can buy it over the counter,in the US it's prescription only.