• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Doctor A know what Doctor B is prescribing you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parfum9291

Greenlighter
If you want to go to the doctor but not use your insurance and just pay cash, will the Doctor have some method of finding out that you actually do have insurance and then possibly ask you why aren't you using your insurance, etc.?

I know that if you go to one doctor (Doctor A), and you use your insurance to see him then he can most likely find out what your other Doctors are prescribing you through your insurance. However, if you go to Doctor A and don't use your insurance and pay cash will Doctor A have anyway of finding out what other Doctors prescribe you?

I live with my parents and I am currently under my parents insurance and my parents don't believe in seeing a Doctor or Psychiatrist for anxiety. So if I go to see a Doctor on my own, pay cash up-front and don't use my insurance, will that Doctor know what I am being prescribed by other Doctors? And of course, I would also use a different pharmacy.

Finally, if I get a prescription from a doctor and take it to a completely different (different company etc.) pharmacy than the one I normally use and also pay cash for the medicine will the pharmacy know I have insurance or know what else I am being prescribed/ cause any problems or issues?

Thank You!!

These are a lot of sketchy questions as it sounds a lot like doctor shopping. My guess is that you will encounter issues when you go to fill a prescription. If we are talking about a "post over prescribing opiate US" then they most likely have checks in place to make sure you dont doctor shop. The problem is when you go fill it at a pharmacy, now that all the records are digital, it seriously just takes them logging your name and SS into a database and then you will get flagged for trying to fill the same prescription twice and i am pretty sure that will follow you for a very long time.

I would look at it this way; you are asking this question essentially "in the digital age where they scan my license to see if i am buying too much pseudo, directly after a large crack down on opiate prescribing, can i take a prescription for a controlled substance to a different pharmacy and pay in cash assuming they wont take my information and put it into their database?" I can not say if they will know what you did but i can say you will not walk up and go "i want to pay with cash" and have them not enter you. This is the age of digital records and we are talking about this stuff being caught on a massive scale recently.

Pre 2010ish i would say probably could get away with it but now that they have all of this pharmacy data sharing, it probably wouldnt even be a breach of privacy to put a program in place to find out if someone is filling like medications or the same ones in completely different establishments and possibly even states.

I do have to close this because we are not going to help you lie to doctors in any regard but i would seriously reconsider what you are going to try to do as this "cat is out of the bag" already and i have a feeling it will invoke more trouble then it is worth for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.