• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine does cocaine raise your heart rate days after using?

ufokingdom

Greenlighter
hi. so i apologize if this is in the wrong thread/ already been answered/ water, i literally made an account a minute ago so i could ask this question. I was wondering about the effect of cocaine on the heart. Does anyone know if it elevates your heart rate a week or more after using? A couple of my friends experienced the same thing, where, when they went to the doctor's office for a routine check up, their heart rates were much higher than normal. the doctors actually asked if they had taken any drugs prior to the visit. The surprising thing about this is that one hadn't used coke (or any other drug) for at least a week, and the other had used coke 3-4 days prior.

Basically, is this a coincidence of their hearts just spazzing out for no reason? or is it related to coke use from the past 1-3 weeks? Thanks everyone.

7.gif

ComfortablyNumb has a point. Increase heart rate immediately after cocaine is normal. Usually lasts 15-20minutes. While coming down off coke, you may feel an increased heart rate. However withdrawal symptoms last for days, and weeks after using coke. Anxiety is a big one. Which can increase heartrate. One may feel depression, anxiety and tiredness from cocaine withdrawal