View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Clonazepam affect DXM

anotnon

Bluelighter
If I took 1.7mg of Clonazepam 12 hours before taking 708mg of DXM in cough syrup form, would it block any effects or change in some way the experience and make the trip any different?

12 hours later you should be safe, i cant imagine too much of the effects of the Clonazepam would still be present. Be careful though both drugs are known for their blackouts & combining them is probably going to increase that factor. Also your trip may be a little dulled.

^ This, try not to ever take the two close to each other. Not only will it dull your trip but it increases the likelihood of blacking out. Fyi clonazepam has a rediculously long half-life so I would check it out and do the math to see how much is in your system roughly. I'd bet a good amount is still present in your system after 12h.

I'm prescribed Clonazepam daily so it's a bit different for me granted, but I'd this:
1) It's not dangerous in those dosages.
2) Like with psychedelics the Clon may dull the experience, not visually, but the idgaf feeling of benzos can take away from any trip.
3) Being on them at the same time definitely increases the chance of blacking out.
4) Overall you're totally cool though IMO.

That's a hefty dose of clonazepam. I don't think it would affect the trip at this point but benzos tend to dull psychedelic experiences, people do use them to kill trips.