• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does "cleansing your system" lower tolerance?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
I've been hittin the kratom a little too hard lately and have been doing so for a few months now. My receptors are so flooded I can't feel a thing regardless of the dosage or potentiators I add. I was just curious if you HAVE to wait it out (2 weeks or so for my tolly I guess) or can you drink "detox tea" and other supplements that cleanse your system to speed up the process?

Just a thought.

Stay safe,
-MF4M

There is no way to remove the tolerance made from using substances, unless you can effect the rate of active metabolization of the drugs. So there is no way to "naturally remove a tolerance" which is what it sounds like your asking as a it is the direct result of your body adapting to the foreign compounds within it. Depending on their activity this can be gradual, like in opiates, or quick like in psychedelics.

If you exercise then maybe it will help by a tiny fraction of an amount as it speeds up your body in a sense, faster blood flow should equal faster metabolic rate which in theory could mean less of a tolerance.

NMDA antagonists (like DXM, ketamine, PCP, MXE) have been speculated to aid in lowering tolerance to opioids.

The thing with "detox drinks" and "cleansing your system" is that it's bullshit. It's a myth. Generally you don't "cleanse" your system because your system is already cleansed. The body cleans itself constantly and pretty efficiently. I guess the only real example of a real effect is using chelating agents like EDTA to bind heavy metals and excrete them in urine faster than they do naturally. But other than that, all these "detox teas" are just snake oil.

Your best bet is just time.

NMDA antagonists (like DXM, ketamine, PCP, MXE) have been speculated to aid in lowering tolerance to opioids.

Right I still consider that a chemical aid and thus its more like a strange method of potentiation. Even if it makes the receptors more active/ sensitive it still is doing so by a chemical means and not a cleansing sort of fashion. Thats basically what I was trying to say :)

I agree with you drunk about the cleansing teas to be absolute bullshit but have read many reports that soluble fiber(such as in oatmeal) help speed up the bodys ability to process out toxins.
To you OP even if you abstain and get your tolerance back to baseline your cells have good memory and with in days of using your tolerance will be back where you left off. For example I had a massive heroin habit and went to prison for a year when I got out the first shot was incredible like a born again virgin but by the end of the week I was using like I never stopped!