• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Does chlorpheniramine maleate get you high?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I know the DXM gets you high and all the other drugs are non-recreational and dangerous, but while i was doing other research I typed in chlorpheniramine maleate in google and the third search suggestion was "does chlorpheniramine maleate get you high" so i got curious and looked into it a little more, and I couldn't find any more info than "this is dangerous don't do it". I thought it didn't, and now I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I still want to know. I'm not planning on trying it even if it does get you high because of how dangerous it is, and I'm not planning on trying it with DXM either, but I'd like to know because a lot of my friends ask me questions about drug safety and I don't want to give them false information in case they ask about this, so please give me answers, not advice. Thanks

EDIT: lol i know not to do DXM with anything else in it and all that. I just got curious because i saw that a lot of people were googling it and i thought it had zero recreational potential. Not planning on doing any DXM with anything else in it, even if it turned out chlorpheniramine maleate does get you high because it's so dangerous. It was more of a curious "I just found something that may mean I'm wrong about this so i wanna double check to make sure" question than a "i wanna do this shit" question. I've had miserable experiences with DXM+acetominophen in the past, and I've tried DXM with guaifenesin once because it was all i had and it's not really dangerous. Bad mistake, made me feel really sick. Wasn't worth the high at all. I've learned my lesson lol

Last edited:
In short no it is an antihistamine which doesn't get you high dxm on the other hand is an anti tissue which does it very nicely listen chlorpheniramine maleate is the most dangerous ingredient in any cough syrup it causes massive internal bleeding if taken in a large dose hope that helped

-Streetcow

Too much chlorpheramine can induce anti-cholinergic delirium which is horrible. Go read some Datura trip reports to get an idea as it is similar. Dont take it is good advice.

No, it definitely is not recreational. The anti-cholinergic effects actually make it quite uncomfortable to consume more than the intended dosage. The only reason I know this, is that it was one of the active ingredients in Coricidin Cough and Cold which I used to use recreationally for it's Dextromethorphan content.

It really IS deadly. Don't take anything containing in doses outside of what is recommended on the box. Please.

ya, I remember back in the day kids trying to get high on triple C's lot of kids died from that shit.

stay away from any cough syrup that contains anything other than dextromethorphan HBr (hydrogen bromide). guafenesin, doxylamine succinate, etc, are all garbage

I drank some hycodan or tussionex..(not sure which one has Chlorpheniramine in it). so I guzzled it down only to get the WORST heartburn. It was so bad I could not enjoy my opiate high. It was used as a deterrent for abuse I suppose.

Hello

I know the DXM gets you high and all the other drugs are non-recreational and dangerous, but while i was doing other research I typed in chlorpheniramine maleate in google and the third search suggestion was "does chlorpheniramine maleate get you high" so i got curious and looked into it a little more, and I couldn't find any more info than "this is dangerous don't do it". I thought it didn't, and now I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I still want to know. I'm not planning on trying it even if it does get you high because of how dangerous it is, and I'm not planning on trying it with DXM either, but I'd like to know because a lot of my friends ask me questions about drug safety and I don't want to give them false information in case they ask about this, so please give me answers, not advice. Thanks

EDIT: lol i know not to do DXM with anything else in it and all that. I just got curious because i saw that a lot of people were googling it and i thought it had zero recreational potential. Not planning on doing any DXM with anything else in it, even if it turned out chlorpheniramine maleate does get you high because it's so dangerous. It was more of a curious "I just found something that may mean I'm wrong about this so i wanna double check to make sure" question than a "i wanna do this shit" question. I've had miserable experiences with DXM+acetominophen in the past, and I've tried DXM with guaifenesin once because it was all i had and it's not really dangerous. Bad mistake, made me feel really sick. Wasn't worth the high at all. I've learned my lesson lol
if you take 16 to 20 is just a relaxing sleepy feeling, but if you take to much you get delusional, have hallucinations, your body feels heavy and uncomfortable, and you feel very uncomfortable mentally. As for dxm different brands make different grades of dxm. Cloroceden and robotussian seem to be the most potent. But you may want to try morning glory seeds. They contain LSA (Lycergic-acid-amide) which is similar to LSD. You can buy heavenly blue morning glory seeds in stores and hardware stores all year round. You have to eat allot of these though, it band tea. But you can buy Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds online and you only need 20 to 25. With the store bought heavenly blue you need hundreds, but they are smaller. My first time doing them I ate over 1000 seeds, filed a zip lock bag about 2 fingers. Had one crazy night. Tea is best though. More likely to puke just eating them

if you take 16 to 20 is just a relaxing sleepy feeling, but if you take to much you get delusional, have hallucinations, your body feels heavy and uncomfortable, and you feel very uncomfortable mentally. As for dxm different brands make different grades of dxm. Cloroceden and robotussian seem to be the most potent. But you may want to try morning glory seeds. They contain LSA (Lycergic-acid-amide) which is similar to LSD. You can buy heavenly blue morning glory seeds in stores and hardware stores all year round. You have to eat allot of these though, it band tea. But you can buy Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds online and you only need 20 to 25. With the store bought heavenly blue you need hundreds, but they are smaller. My first time doing them I ate over 1000 seeds, filed a zip lock bag about 2 fingers. Had one crazy night. Tea is best though. More likely to puke just eating them
I meant to say 16 to 20 MG. Sorry

It's better than diphenhydramine--more dopaminergic and IMO more clearheaded at the intended dose--but it's also more toxic.

Don't take it in recreational doses. But if you're just looking for the best antihistamine to compliment your opiate buzz or something, it's not a bad option.

The intended dose, btw, is 1-2mg. 16-20mg sounds like a very bad idea.

Also, there is no such thing as "different grades" of DXM. But CCCs have sufficient dosage of chlorpheniramine to alter the DXM high--and cause toxicity at recreational DXM dosages. And LSAs are a completely different class of chemical that bears no structural or pharmacological similarities with dissociatives like DXM or with antihistamine/anticholinergics like chlorpheniramine.

-

In any case, getting high on cough syrup is just not the best idea, IMO. Even if you avoid products containing guaifenesin or other actives, you're still swallowing a whole lot of binder and sugar. DXM isn't even a worthwhile drug, IMO, but if you have some particular propensity for it, it can be found in pure powder form as an API (active pharmaceutical ingredient)--it's not scheduled, so it's plenty easy to get.

Last edited: