• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does cannibas kill brain cells? possibly from suffocation?

nancy145

Bluelighter
Im pretty sure weed doesn't kill brain cells, but i figured i should ask BL cuz i can't find an unbais website. also, Most of the places that say it does just say the THC causes them to die, but i went to a place to get my brain scanned(i think it was a CAT scan, idk for sure tho) recently and one person there mentioned it does and they know this because they see suffocation of brain cells in part of the brain in weed smokers. they didn't say that about me, but i dont think i smoked within the last month before it. i mentioned my cannabis use to my psychiatrist who works there too multiple times because it helps with my depression but he generally avoids the topic, i think because he doesn't want to risk loosing his job(its not legal medically here). hes never said i shouldn't smoke, which wouldn't effect his career, but hes never said i should to do it although hes hinted that he also belives it helps my depression and that he thinks it's a good idea, so i think he might be in disagreement with the rest of the place about it killing brain cells, although hes never directly adressed the topic. Ive heard in a lot of places that suffocation can kill brain cells, and they said the cause of the brain tells dying was suffocation, so im thinking maybe weed can kill brain cells in people who just started smoking and have really weak lungs. ive got really weak lungs, and remember when i first started smoking i would cough an absolutely ridiculous amount. my first time i took a hit at the kitchen table then immediately half stumbled trying to run half fell to the couch then coughed so much i didn't feel high at all, i just felt sick, like i was going to throw up my entire stomach,die of suffocation, pass out, and get flattened by gravity(this was a bad thing), all at the same time for 10-15 minutes until it went away and got replaced with a high in less than 10 seconds. i wasn't actually gonna do it, but i wanted to just give up and call 911. i was still coughing hard even after that, and didnt completly stop till over an hour. the second time was the same but i couldn't make it to the couch so i tried sitting on a stool but then fell off and kind of leaned on it. it was a tiny bit less bad, and only lasted 8-10 minutes, and completely stoped in like an hour. this happened till my 6th or 7th time, and i still coughed a ton after that. maybe these are symptoms of serious suffocation that could be severe enough to kill brain cells. anyone know if it could kill brain cells in people that cough that bad? anyone know if it actually just normally kills brain cells like all the anti-drug websites and propaganda say?

my eyes!!!!
not sure what you have been reading but none of what you are saying is true and quite comical lol sorry but brain cells dying during coughing? really..
the coughing part is normal it does get better with more use you can also vaporize
in the end if cannabis helps you rock on if it doesnt then stop smoking it
in this day and age there is a readily amount of different strains for different issues from pain to anxiety/depression even ptsd

i highly suggest doing more research before jumping to crazy assumptions

Im pretty sure weed doesn't kill brain cells, but i figured i should ask BL cuz i can't find an unbais website. also, Most of the places that say it does just say the THC causes them to die, but i went to a place to get my brain scanned(i think it was a CAT scan, idk for sure tho) recently and one person there mentioned it does and they know this because they see suffocation of brain cells in part of the brain in weed smokers. they didn't say that about me, but i dont think i smoked within the last month before it. i mentioned my cannabis use to my psychiatrist who works there too multiple times because it helps with my depression but he generally avoids the topic, i think because he doesn't want to risk loosing his job(its not legal medically here). hes never said i shouldn't smoke, which wouldn't effect his career, but hes never said i should to do it although hes hinted that he also belives it helps my depression and that he thinks it's a good idea, so i think he might be in disagreement with the rest of the place about it killing brain cells, although hes never directly adressed the topic. Ive heard in a lot of places that suffocation can kill brain cells, and they said the cause of the brain tells dying was suffocation, so im thinking maybe weed can kill brain cells in people who just started smoking and have really weak lungs. ive got really weak lungs, and remember when i first started smoking i would cough an absolutely ridiculous amount. my first time i took a hit at the kitchen table then immediately half stumbled trying to run half fell to the couch then coughed so much i didn't feel high at all, i just felt sick, like i was going to throw up my entire stomach,die of suffocation, pass out, and get flattened by gravity(this was a bad thing), all at the same time for 10-15 minutes until it went away and got replaced with a high in less than 10 seconds. i wasn't actually gonna do it, but i wanted to just give up and call 911. i was still coughing hard even after that, and didnt completly stop till over an hour. the second time was the same but i couldn't make it to the couch so i tried sitting on a stool but then fell off and kind of leaned on it. it was a tiny bit less bad, and only lasted 8-10 minutes, and completely stoped in like an hour. this happened till my 6th or 7th time, and i still coughed a ton after that. maybe these are symptoms of serious suffocation that could be severe enough to kill brain cells. anyone know if it could kill brain cells in people that cough that bad? anyone know if it actually just normally kills brain cells like all the anti-drug websites and propaganda say?

Propaganda from like the 1960s said that weed killed brain cells. I mean based on *your* post I'd agree with them, but the science these days suggests excessive use can certainly change the structure of the brain, but it's not a direct neurotoxin that actually kills brain cells, that's just a myth. Where on earth did you get the idea that coughing kills brain cells?

If you smoke regularly as a teenager there's a chance it'll knock a few points off your IQ. As an adult though I'm pretty sure any negative cognitive effects wear off within 2 days of a t-break.

If you smoke regularly as a teenager there's a chance it'll knock a few points off your IQ. As an adult though I'm pretty sure any negative cognitive effects wear off within 2 days of a t-break.

idk but i don't think you can get IQ points back after you lose them. i'm no neuroscientist, though.

my psychology professor swore smoking cigarettes helped with memory and test-taking.

my psychology professor swore smoking cigarettes helped with memory and test-taking.

Yeah numerous studies have shown this. Not permanent, obviously, but in the 15-20 minutes after smoking a cig cognitive function improves. Explains why cigarettes are (and were) so popular with intellectuals and writers. Also reduces the risk of Alzheimers and dementia.

Cigs are shit for your general health, but are pretty good for your brain/mind.