• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Buprenorphine alone block other opiates?

crashketchum

Bluelighter
Hello, I know that taking suboxone one day will lead to blocked effects from other opiates the next. However, I?m unsure if that?s from the Buprenorphine or the Naloxone. So my question is if I were to take pure Buprenorphine with no naloxone would other opiates still be blocked, or is that what the naloxone is for?

Yes. Buprenorphine is responsible for all of the effects of Suboxone. It's a pretty strong theory the Naloxone was couple with the Buprenorphine in order to patent a new drug. It's a practice known as pharmaceutical evergreening, that is, continually altering drugs in minute ways in order to maintain profits. If anything, the Naloxone makes some people sick and unable to tolerate the treatment. It really sucks in that way.

The bupe is what blocks the opiates. Suboxone contains bupe and naloxone, while Subutex contains only bupe and no naloxone, and they are both used to block opiates. The Bupe is what actually clings to and blocks your MU (opiods) in your brain, the naloxone is added to discourage shooting suboxone because it can cause precipitated withdrawals. I've taken both, and they equally block opiates to the same degree.

Yes. It is typically the only component of Buprenorphine products that actually produce the intended effects. Read up on pharmaceutical evergreening and you will get an idea of why Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Nalxone) is so prevalent in the United States and really, nowhere else. It's also significantly more expensive. Given the proliferation of Suboxone prescribers in the United States coinciding with the so-called by the news media "Opioid Epidemic", there is an increased burden on the federally-supported healthcare programs that addicts often find themselves taking advantage of due to destitution.

It's bullshit. So are the Olympics. Who gives an actual fuck? Shouldn't we use the money that we spend on all of our pomp and circumstance as a country to build schools and hire teachers to work in the Mississippi Delta? Why are we not using that money to give, at the very least, electricity and potable water to Puerto Rico. That's right all of you alt-right (bigoted) folks, Puerto Ricans and their country are indeed Americans.

Buph is so much stronger than most opiates that?s its hard to gwt high on anything else while your on buph. Id say dont waste your time. If the buph is on your receptiors nothing else (opiate wise) stands a chance

The bupe will block anything and trying to shoot through it is a dangerous game.

While all the answers are somewhat true in reality it depends on dose. 32mg-8mg will have you almost fully saturated. 8mg-2mg receptors still more tham 30% saturated, mean saturation much higher. Effects of agonist opiates (but at much higher than normal dosage) may be felt at 1mg and below (may be higher than normal). But it is a very dangerous game as euphoricnoe stated.

Suboxone is also used here in Finland in ORT as we mostly have Subutex epidemia and most abusers consider that they get better ?high? out of Subutex than Suboxone but luckily there isn?t cost issue as ORT is totally free for users here.

While all the answers are somewhat true in reality it depends on dose. 32mg-8mg will have you almost fully saturated. 8mg-2mg receptors still more tham 30% saturated, mean saturation much higher. Effects of agonist opiates (but at much higher than normal dosage) may be felt at 1mg and below (may be higher than normal). But it is a very dangerous game as euphoricnoe stated.

I'm not saying you're incorrect, but generally, when you post something as important, significant and specific as this, we like for you to include a link to your reference(s).

It's bullshit. So are the Olympics. Who gives an actual fuck? Shouldn't we use the money that we spend on all of our pomp and circumstance as a country to build schools and hire teachers to work in the Mississippi Delta? Why are we not using that money to give, at the very least, electricity and potable water to Puerto Rico. That's right all of you alt-right (bigoted) folks, Puerto Ricans and their country are indeed Americans.

Can I add the Runit Island’s in the Bikini atol, getting that toxic waiting to happen disaster properly cleaned up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/runit-dome-pacific-radioactive-waste

Nice idea for a new thread making up for shit your country f@cked up in the past.