• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does bleach kill hep c in a used needle

Relapz

Bluelighter
Well my friend just dropped me a bag and a "clean rig" and I mean it was straight and all but there was moisture inside ... I wish people would just be fucking honest about giving people a used needle it's fucked up...

But besides that rant, I can't tell if it's used or not. I've seen a friend use bleach before... is it any help? Should I just snort it? I don't have access to a pharmacy

well my friend just dropped me a bag and a "clean rig" and i mean it was straight and all but there was moisture inside ... I wish people would just be fucking honest about giving people a used needle it's fucked up...

But besides that rant, i can't tell if it's used or not. I've seen a friend use bleach before... Is it any help? Should i just snort it? I don't have access to a pharmacy

don't use bleach!!! Are you messing? If you don't have the equipment then don't take it that way!

Yes. Bleach should kill both Hepatitis C and HIV. For the record, household items ranging from dawn dish soap to Hydrogen Peroxide are capable of killing Hepatitis C, but are far less effective than chlorine bleach. When I disinfect needles with bleach I take the whole works apart and submerge the parts completely in bleach/water solution for a couple of minutes to be safe. Make sure you rinse the parts with water before use to ensure you're not injecting any bleach into your veins.

The safest move is to not use the needle though. We all know that that is a difficult decision to make, but disinfecting with chlorine bleach is definitely the next step.

I'd probably much isotope alcohol (rubbing alcohol) as it'd be much safer method.

Local health Dept came to a detox I was in and the way they said to do it was pull water up the rig and empty it 3 times, then same with bleach - 3 times, and then water 3 more times

Local health Dept came to a detox I was in and the way they said to do it was pull water up the rig and empty it 3 times, then same with bleach - 3 times, and then water 3 more times

I think I was a little unclear. The method you've described should be fine. I should've said that my fear causes me to take the whole rig apart and submerge it in solution because I start freaking out about cracks, crevices and missed areas that probably aren't there.

Thanks guys I bleached it for 10 minutes and rinsed it out thoroughly, should be fine but I did get cotton fever I believe last night. It's weird I seem to get it far more often than others and I am very cautious and clean when I do IV. Maybe it's the cigarette filter that does it To me.

Thanks guys I bleached it for 10 minutes and rinsed it out thoroughly, should be fine but I did get cotton fever I believe last night. It's weird I seem to get it far more often than others and I am very cautious and clean when I do IV. Maybe it's the cigarette filter that does it To me.

Yea man, don't use cigarette filters. They work in a pinch, sure, but cotton swabs or q-tips tend to produce significantly less complication. I know for fact that you can get 1,000 q-tips at Wal-Mart for ~$1.99. If you pick up a box of that size you won't have to worry about filters for a while. Are you not near a needle exchange? How do you get your equipment? I was told from the get-go by other users that I shouldn't use cigarette filters. It was like an unwritten rule, but of course, we occasionally would say fuck it.

Man, I'm 55 and wish I had a dollar for every time I used a cig, filter. I'm funny about the works though, and I would bleach it, and boil it, but that's just me.