• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does being on opiates because of an injury years ago affect tolerance now?

Chocolate covered

Greenlighter
Hi, 3 years ago I had Avery big head injury and I was in the hospital for a while and was on high doses of morphine for 6 days straight. Recently I have taken one 7.5/325 hydrocodone to see what it was like to be high because I had not done anything before and got no affect from that at all. I was wkndering if it was because of this past injury and if that built a tolerance. I was also wondering if I wanted to get a small affect but nothing really great or overwhelming how much should I take? Also I weigh around 220 pounds will that make a difference on how much affects me? Also will I get addicted just trying it these two times or will I be ok? Thank you for your responses!

Last edited:
once you have been addicted to opiates it takes much less time to get addicted again if i use 2 days in a row im addicted again.

Hi, 3 years ago I had Avery big head injury and I was in the hospital for a while and was on high doses of morphine for 6 days straight. Recently I have taken one 7.5/325 to see what it was like to be high because I had not done anything before and got no affect from that at all. I was wkndering if it was because of this past injury and if that built a tolerance. I was also wondering if I wanted to get a small affect but nothing really great or overwhelming how much should I take? Also I weigh around 220 pounds will that make a difference on how much affects me? Also will I get addicted just trying it these two times or will I be ok? Thank you for your responses!
I wasn't addicted to morphine I was on them because of the injury and that was only in the hospital but they stopped me off that so I wasntaddicted at all.

ok well then you shouldnt be as sensitive to it as me. There should be no tolerance just from a 1 time 6 day use after a break with little risk of addiction from only a couple uses. IMO at least. And i did opiates for 15 years I ave experience.

So if I tried 2 7.5/325 hydrocodone this weekend what would the affects be, how strong would I experience the hydrocodone high and how long? And I wouldn't get addicted after doing it just those times right and there shouldn't be any long term affects, right?

15mg of hydrocodone is a low to moderate dose. Effects will last 4 hours and taper off totally by hour 6. I would classify the high as an energetic opiate high where morphine is a more lethargic noddy high. You won't feel it incredibly strong but you will feel it. If you have more 30mg hydrocodone would probably be the sweet spot for a nice strong high for you.

You should be okay to take two of these hydrocodone tablets. If you don't feel anything, don't keep taking more because too much acetaminophen can be toxic. It's not an overwhelming sort of buzz for some people and maybe that's why you didn't feel much when you took the one pill recently. Keep in mind Bluelight is a harm reduction forum and we're here to keep you safe and not how to get the best high. You won't get addicted from just using this weekend. Be safe!

You were on "high doses of morphine" for six days but you've "never done anything?"

Addicts will laugh at me probably, but I'd say six straight days of high dose morphine counts. Wasn't it fun, too? In the hospital at night starting to see things at the foot of your bed? I could see my cat's tail moving back and forth when I was in the hospital on constant dilaudid, and this anime doll-girl creature on the ceiling, none of it pleasant. I'd say, why would you ever want that? But then, I still do worse stuff.

I tried oral oxy 15mg, hydro 20+ mg, 350-400mg tramadol with no effect. Maybe something very slight on 350+mg tramadol, most likely more of an antidepressant effect. No tolerance and I'm 150lbs, 5'11

I learned that some people don't metabolize it well or just don't get the opiate euphoria. So many people on this forum told me that its a "blessing" haha. Life is trying to protect me

Back when I was more monstrous-spheroid than man I would get pills, and found that time of day made an enormous difference. By which I figured, a) empty v. full stomach, and as a drunk I learned, even if you think your stomach's empty, it's full of stuff and 2) actually being in pain/hungover or both, makes a big difference.

FWIW you pill high chasers: never felt shit on tramadol, even reduced to my more cylindrical form.

I would say for the most part that when you stop using drugs your tolerance goes down and resets ,however in my opinion there always is a slight percentage where you do not rebuild them damaged cells. For example, I have been a heavy opiate user since 2000 . I have had clean time for a year, or two years, and when I would pick up again yes my tolerance was down completely ;however it seems like no matter what I do my duration of effects are always not what it used to be. For example, even with years clean, if I pick up an opiate, yes my tolerance will be reset, but oddly enough, my opiate buzz or effect I get, has decreased sharply. I would say I come down an hour or two early.

I noticed permanency with amphetamines, ok yes, and again, my tolerance resets after a long time off of it, but I can no longer get that buzz that it gave me whenever I first started using