• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Does anyone still use mephedrone (mcat meow meow, bubbles, bath salts) these days?

I totally prefer methylone. Mephedrone is way to speedy for me and the rush isn't as intense in my opinion. But then again my ROA is completely different then the normal person.

Im in the UK and although not an average user myself ( although put me with a chick and if shes fit and wants to get on it then i may consider). Theres 3 people selling it in my area, one person gets mephedrone that is a dirty yellow,my friend gets it a pure white crystal and so do i. I've recently came across a new link and its alot stronger than the usual stuff , eye wobbles, mild visual effects, intense rushes the lot. If you get more than one type of mephedrone try notice the diffrence.*SNIP*. I noticed a user say why buy mephedrone over coke and mandy? I agree why buy it over Mdma but as for coke? Coke is rubbish nowa days unless your getting the 60% +

Last edited by a moderator:
Its okay to talk about illegal substances but it is not okay to talk prices or have any dealer talk of any kind. Please keep the thread in line with the rules.

It used to be cheap in 2010 then later in China it got banned, and after that it became illegal here in the US. So the price has dramatically increased. So its not really worth it. I would like to get some real Methcathinone, Cathinone or Khat.

The price has very much increased in the UK too, have you noticed any other effects of it becoming illegal in the states Rand0mX1985?

Leave some mephedrone on a metal weighing tray for a week... it will shock you. The stuff is corrosive as hell.

My feelings on mephedrone are quite mixed... I had quite the love affair with it back between 2010 and 2011 but I'm glad that its gone. I remember those nights chasing the high... then when I started going into the overstimulated crash, it was either do more, drink alcohol til I passed out, or have the worst anxiety any drug outside of weed can give me...

If it was put in front of me, I wouldn't do it now. I was quite addicted to it at one point though.

It was really popular in the strip clubs around here. Lasted longer than coke, was cheaper, and didn't smash people anywhere near as much as MDMA did.

I had a pretty intimate relationship with mephedrone too (very glad to be researching it as a relative outsider now compared to my earlier introspective work), I agree with your point about it filling a beautiful gap between the ideal functions of coke and MDMA, is mephedrone still prevalent in your area MagickalKat777 ?

I'm very late to the Mephedrone party

Its pretty rare to come across a relatively novel user so you are an interesting case Blumenkraft! I agree, the response to it in the US didn't seem to be of the same magnitude as here in the UK, can you think of any reason why your countrymen wouldn't warm to it as much? and are you planning on continuing to use Mephedrone?

I had a pretty intimate relationship with mephedrone too (very glad to be researching it as a relative outsider now compared to my earlier introspective work), I agree with your point about it filling a beautiful gap between the ideal functions of coke and MDMA, is mephedrone still prevalent in your area MagickalKat777 ?

Not that I'm aware of. I certainly haven't heard of it lately. Its still available if you know where to look but its not so much in the public anymore.

Its pretty rare to come across a relatively novel user so you are an interesting case Blumenkraft! I agree, the response to it in the US didn't seem to be of the same magnitude as here in the UK, can you think of any reason why your countrymen wouldn't warm to it as much? and are you planning on continuing to use Mephedrone?
I feel that the "RC Scene" here in the states is kinda a taboo. For example, I was telling some friends about my 2C-C and MXE experiences recently, and a few looked at me like I was off my rocker. They can't understand that there's a wide array of drugs out there, and that just because it's not acid/mushies/MDMA it doesn't mean that the drugs are of a lesser quality necessarily, or that the drugs are particularly dangerous when used responsibly.

So essentially, 4-MMC is labelled as "bath salts", as is any RC stim pretty much, and so people just think you'd be an idiot to indulge in them because of the media attention to "bath salts", and of course the whole Nbome disaster that's sweeping the nation doesn't give the RC psychs a good rep either...

I've never experienced Mephedrone, but I probably never would because stims aren't my thing. I knew people who did do it; I didn't think much of it, but thinking back I do recall having a "Why are y'all taking those stupid bath salts??!" feeling every time I saw them do it (obviously my views have changed with education. You have to realize the general population of the USA is probably about half as intelligent as that of any other developed countries. For Christ's sake, we don't graduate till 18, but I don't remember learning a single new thing in HS after sophomore year, our system is fucked to hell). RC's are simply more accepted in Europe than they are in the US, despite the fact that all the "acid" and "molly" everyone is doing is methylone and Nbomes!

In my opinion the reason Mephedrone didn't take off in America after the bank like it did here is because meth is hugely popular and very cheap over there, so I think that fills the same niche that Mephedrone does.

Ran into some boys on Saturday night who'd all recently turned 18. Through conversation we got onto the topic of what they're on...they'd got hold of "this crazy shit that's pretty much the best stuff around" called "meow meow".

Now I haven't tried mephedrone myself, but I couldn't help but laugh at this. Enlightened the kids as to how they're being ripped off etc, though I suppose on the upside their dealer wasn't misleading them - they knew they had mephedrone, even if they didn't know what the fk it was lol

Another MASSIVE mcat fan right here! I've used it intermittently since 2009-2010 and still love the stuff! I've had a few breaks away from it using cocaine, pills etc but nothing for me compares. I love how open and relaxed I and others become. I seem to remember and discuss things I'd completely forgot had ever happened! I suffer from bad eyesight and I can say hand on heart my vision improves 10 fold, that is the gods honest truth! The only bad experiences I've had was taking it when severely sleep deprived.(up for 2 days straight) The visuals and hallucinations were indescribable!! In a nutshell I was living within a comic book... Every cartoon character I've seen in my life made an appearance in my bedroom! Other than that, absolutely no complaints!

I feel that mephedrone is probably my favourite chemical on the planet in it's purest form.
I really love that instant rush,chatty and the horn it gives you but due to how poor the quality is I haven't consumed it for over a year now.
It does have its downsides though ie:going through half oz's a night glad I can't get it pure to be honest.

Had visuals mesellf mate like I was looking into a mattress that was stoodmup against the wall and it was like a village people walking by crazy shit to be fair was up for about 5 days n consumed about 28 g bad times haha haha

I havent seen bath salts since it was banned in California. There is a lot of cheap meth, and not so cheap coke, to fill that vacuum. Also, people who use bath salts have a negative stigma attached to them whether its deserved or not. Id probably try it if it came around but I wouldnt go looking for it or anything. And I doubt I could even find it if I did.

It's interesting to hear cockiness as a deterrent! I am particularly interested in the motivations and functions of mephedrone and MDMA use, this negative view of confidence increases is of great interest, would you say you avoid other drugs of similar confidence-increasing capabilities for the same reasons?

cockiness can surely be a deterrant. it's one of the main reasons why i don't do coke. i rather want to fell like one with the people around me than better than the people around me in a party environment.
but this is not the reason i don't do meph. rather the one time i tried it (shortly before it was banned), i actually didn't feel a lot of the desired effects because the physical side effects totally stood in the foreground. compared to mdma and amphetamine (which i have had much experience with) it's imho a very dirty and disappointing drug.

I snorted a couple free lines of Mephedrone at a party a couple months back. Haven't seen or heard it mentioned sine then. In fact, I had never heard anyone talking about it before then either, some guy at a house party sold me some 5-MeO-DMT and he happened to have some Mephedrone and let me try some.

Mephedrone and methylone were hugely popular in the us where I was, I think it's being under-stated how popular these things were. Every single gas station down in the inner city was selling mephedrone as "plant food", not bath salts. People from my area which was the suburbs of this particular city would go there all the time, or so I would hear...I never got into mephedrone.
Of course being the idiots some of them from this area were they figured out the great idea to freebase it off of tinfoil, well that's when shit got crazy. This little rich suburb suddenly began having kids barely out of high school who might not even smoke weed but would be free basing mephedrone off foil and having schizophrenic symptoms after months of long "nights", calling the cops on themselves and friends, being all around paranoid and crazy after being normal just a few months earlier. Kids were giving up their xbox's and paintball guns just for one more hit of the shit, and that is not an exaggeration that is a specific example. There were stores down town selling all the synthetic cannabinoids and plant food together, and seeing as most of these people were on papers from being idiots they all hung around each other and did the plant food free basing and spice/k2/black mamba smoking.

So that was my understanding of the mephedrone scene for those people in my area, but they were far on the the outside of my circle and I didn't see any of this, just hung out with people who hung out with these people. I understand much more about the methylone scene among my group of friends, it started out as us all hearing it was bk-mdma and we could get it cheap from people, slowly but surely it went up to buying ounces for half the price we were originally buying it for. That stuff was so fiendish I even admit to spending all my christmas money on it within 2 days and not even realizing what happened.

Nothing else besides cocaine has had such a fiendish give up everything else for this drug effect, not good if you have free access to a lot of it from friends who are doing it too. This is how it ended with our circle, I think as everyone on the planet had the same effect the more you looked into it to see some hope it was a good drug the more you would read worse and worse stories lol. I think now I could enjoy it responsibly with an oral dose but I have a feeling it could surprise me still even 3-4 years later and I'd be right back to eating 10th after 10th of the shit and feel unsatisfied at the end.

I heard later on from people in the "rave" scene that it had a similar meth-like effect on people, it really ravaged that scene and all music scenes and various circles, never had I seen so many people happy to see a new drug be banned. and as people have said about mephedrone, at first it's a cheap awesome replacement for mdma but then it becomes straight crack-fiending type stuff. I abused it for a few months then had seen enough of what it could do and so had the supplier to that area and we kind of just stopped allowing it to come through the area anymore for all of our own good. This was a few months to a year maybe before the ban and took place in the midwest, all legally. Also part of the reason i began protesting this stuff being around me/the friends I was with was through hearing about my other friends who basically introduced the "plant food" (mephedrone) to the area and had been quite profitable off of just driving to the store and buying it then driving back to the area and selling it, I realized that this methylone I was used to and that mephedrone probably weren't too different in effects and I felt guilty for having judged them for spreading it at the time, and realized I was just as guilty as them in spreading the cathinones.

I only included all this detail because you said you might be writing about it for a paper or something right? Well there's some material for the books, I can answer more questions if you want but I know more about methylone than mephedrone.

I've known people with it in Philly's rave/party scene as recently as last year, but, it was nothing that I felt was a good idea to participate in.