Mental Health Does anyone know how to induce mania from BiPolar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb38

Bluelighter
For a higher sex drive. I'm wanting to go little bit above the equilibrium as now I'm under it but I'm not really depressed?

Right above is the best.

As I see it, there are two answers to this question. My question for you is, are you currently taking meds to treat your bipolar disorder?

If so, then I think you know the answer to your question.

However, in the interest of Harm Reduction, I think a better solution is this: talk to the doctor prescribing your meds. When I was on a different medication previously, I told my prescriber about some sexual side effects and he helped me work through it. I don't remember the exact solution because it was so long ago. Maybe your doctor can do some adjusting of doses or change the medication itself. Maybe your doctor can add a medication to help enhance your libido. I really don't know but being honest with our prescribers is usually the first step in finding the safest solution.

Are
At high dose or low? I take prozac.
I don’t know for sure. I was diagnosed as a teenager with depression and cycled through a few of them. That was when I really started having full blown manic episodes. When a paychiatr eventually rediagnosed me with BiPolar I he explained that SSRI’s often made mania worse for people with bi-polar.

I had a quick look. There is quite a lot of literature on it. Like this:

Not sure why you'd want to.

SSRI's, lack of sleep, stress.

^That. What goes up does usually come down, too. And it's not good for brain health.
I 100% agree.
I also agree with @Jerry Atrick in that this is something you absolutely must talk to your prescribing doctor/psychiatrist about. Bipolar is a serious psychiatric disorder that you really should not mess around with for recreational purposes, especially if it means adding or subtracting other psychiatric medications to the mix. Therefore in the interests of harm reduction I am going to close this thread. There are other, much safer ways to go about taking care of your sexual health. Please see your doctor, and take care <3

Status
Not open for further replies.