• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles Does Anyone Find Cannabis To Be More Effective than Benzodiazepines (plese read)?

Saturn_17

Greenlighter
I have tried various Benzodiazepines over the years and found that only two worked. They were Ativan and Clonazepam. I find that they only work for dental appointments and ENT appointments - nothing else.

I tried Xanax and Valium but got sick even on the lowest dose and I wasn't drink or doing anything to make me throw up!

I found out there were Cannabis Softgels (called Argyle Softgels with 2.50 mg and 3.00 mg in each Softgel - I have to take four in order for it to work at all - that's 10.0 mg THC and 12.0 mg CBD) and they work great for someone who is terrified of needles (I have needle phobia - my ears aren't even pierced).

I found out the Softgels worked after being outside one day and a bug flew past me - I would usually freak ouf it that happen (and still do if I'm sober) but because I took the Argyle Softgels, I didn't freak out, That's how I found out that they worked.

I tried them again in the emergency room once since I figured they would want to do a blood test so I took Argyle Softgels before I left - and when I was called in by the triage nurse the second time for a blood test, I did not panic at all! Instead, we talked about our pets - I am usually nervous - I am usually really nervous, hyperventilate, or even leave if I am feeling extremely scared (even if I take a high dose of a benzodiazepine at least two and a half hours before I take the benzodiazepine - my metabolism is really slow so that's why I have to wait that long).

I tried CBD Oil by itself, it didn't work so I'm thinking that I will just take Argyle Softgels if I have to have any blood tests done from now on.

That might not be the right thing to do but I have tried EVERYTHING, even CBT, and nothing has helped. I'm in Canada so it's legal so I won't get in trouble (I don't drive by the way so now worry about me being pulled over for intoxication). Nobody can even tell if I took the Argyle Softgels because, even though I feel different inside, I apparently don't appear outside - just calmer, as given in the example about the bug above in this post.

Does anyone else find Cannabis more effective than Benzodiazepines? Just wondering. I appreciate any answers I am given.

I have never used benzos except for when I had dental surgery to get my wisdom teeth removed.

A friend of mine has used cannabis for anxiety and panic attacks. It either works or he goes into a very bad panic attack that lasts for 3-4 hours. I am not sure if he uses CBD or edibles but he does take Lorazepam or Ativan at the lowest dose of 0.5mg. I am not sure which if any other benzo drugs he has used?

Everyone is different obviously, YMMV as they say; I don't find clonazepam to be worth a damn but diazepam and alprazolam kill my physical/mental anxiety like nothing else out there. Cannabis only amps it up worse so I only smoke on benzodiazepines these days.

So I guess no, I can't identify with this, but I'm sure you're not alone. 3 billion people out there, at least one is bound to have similar reactions to the same drugs you do.

Same. Sadly have to have 20mg of val in my system before I can smoke anything. Ate an edible the other night was one of the worst experiences I’ve had in a while. I wonder if it has anything to do with previous psychedelics. I might be getting back on kpin though, but it takes 3mg and I tend to drink so coke and wreck cars when it gets to that point. Cause I’m constantly dropping them into sprite
Everyone is different obviously, YMMV as they say; I don't find clonazepam to be worth a damn but diazepam and alprazolam kill my physical/mental anxiety like nothing else out there. Cannabis only amps it up worse so I only smoke on benzodiazepines these days.

So I guess no, I can't identify with this, but I'm sure you're not alone. 3 billion people out there, at least one is bound to have similar reactions to the same drugs you do.

Ate an edible the other night was one of the worst experiences I’ve had in a while. I wonder if it has anything to do with previous psychedelics.
Nah, it's a very common side effect of prolonged cannabis use (increased anxiety). Loads of people have anxiety issues with weed who've never even looked at a mushroom/whathaveyou.

I’ve been on Clonazepam for about 2 1/2 years. It’s not as fast acting as, say Alprazolam but it does a better job of killing anxiety and I’m only taking it nighttime (usually). Taking 10-30 mg THC in softgel format has reduced my Clonazepam use from 0.75mg to 0.5mg/ day.

The softgels work for me; the downside is they are more costly than the prescribed benzos, I quite frequently wake up and am still high and it can cause insane nighttime eating. Using prescribed THC helps cut down the cost b/c of medical deduction at tax time.

Tom

I’ve been on Clonazepam for about 2 1/2 years. It’s not as fast acting as, say Alprazolam but it does a better job of killing anxiety and I’m only taking it nighttime (usually). Taking 10-30 mg THC in softgel format has reduced my Clonazepam use from 0.75mg to 0.5mg/ day.

The softgels work for me; the downside is they are more costly than the prescribed benzos, I quite frequently wake up and am still high and it can cause insane nighttime eating. Using prescribed THC helps cut down the cost b/c of medical deduction at tax time.

Tom

I'm glad someone is similar to me. -no price discussion-. How many Softgels do you get when you buy them?

Last edited by a moderator: