• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone else use cannibis for personal reflection

BaconBoy

Greenlighter
When I first started smoking I was just using it because I thought it was cool and it was fun (still is, don't get me wrong).
Now however, after falling into a state of anxiety due to my environment and I guess family aswell. Weed has really helped me reflect on myself and figure out how to overcome my anxiety by recognises it and and the barbarity of my fear. I also get profound insights into my behaviour and lifestyle.
Then while sober I see the lessons and try to put them to use.
These more philosophical experiences only began when I was stressed and anxious.

I was just wondering if anyone else smokes for mental relief or reflection and if so, how and what for.

Depends on what you mean. I have found that I tend to meditate in a sense while smoking. Usually have music on and try to think about practical problems that require solutions and can do this for hours. It's in a sense what your talking about but the reflection is upon physical things.

Weed was something that would make my life as a junkie really bother me. I was a daily IV user for a while but after smoking a small amount of weed I'd sit there and be upset with my decisions "why is it I want to put heroin into my veins so badly I get sick thinking about it how did I get here"

But my personality has always been like this even without weed involved. I love driving because I can listen to music and think about life without risk of falling asleep lol.

That's the only reason I ever really used it man. It was like a forced meditation, but I couldn't control it. I had to have it all the time and that just doesn't work for me. I lose all the positive effects and become less in touch with my feelings when I abuse it, so I just don't smoke it anymore. However, I totally get that it can be used for self reflection. All I used to do was sit around stoned either meditating or contemplating the mysteries of life. I think it's an amazing benefit, but I just could not control it at all. It's way too habit forming for me. Not everyone gets it... only certain personalities. Mostly I see recreational use in groups, I used to always smoke alone.

That's the only reason I ever really used it man. It was like a forced meditation, but I couldn't control it. I had to have it all the time and that just doesn't work for me. I lose all the positive effects and become less in touch with my feelings when I abuse it, so I just don't smoke it anymore. However, I totally get that it can be used for self reflection. All I used to do was sit around stoned either meditating or contemplating the mysteries of life. I think it's an amazing benefit, but I just could not control it at all. It's way too habit forming for me. Not everyone gets it... only certain personalities. Mostly I see recreational use in groups, I used to always smoke alone.

same here. i still use it although i always feel like im using it more often than i should and like you said, abuse causes you to lose touch with your feelings. i take breaks these days, but not often enough.

Cannabis used to give me anxiety when I didn't really understand much about it or what sensations meant. It's always based on set and setting, especially between your ears. Unless I'm mixing substances or partying on purpose at a Phish show, even then, I get self reflection going on.

Since a lot of substances get magnified while on it, a nice relaxing cup of tea helps me insure a nice time.

I also noticed that the correct music or other input, helps direct what reflection I desire.

Long story short, I agree with the other posters views. It definitely makes you smarter.

yeah ive noticed how our culture does not appreciate using plants for spiritual, healing, or self reflective purposes. its like a culteral taboo we have. stoners are usually portrayed as dumb in movies, tv etc but the reality is that a lot of people, even some who are mainly recreational users, get more from the plant than just pure recreation.

Our culture is based entirely around alcohol and I hate the stuff. It is insane how controlled people are by the media and propaganda. All the smart people get drunk as hell every weekend... best to stick with the booze and not do drugs right? Except... booze is a hardcore drug that gets you wasted as absolute fuck. I think even cocaine use has less stigma than weed, from what I have seen at parties in the past. Although, I would personally consider even that less harmful than alcohol.Basically, the government doesn't want people to smoke pot because they want everyone brainwashed, and weed helps you wake up to the bullshit. 8:)?

cannabis can be very psychedelic in this regard, and to be honest i get more self conscious on weed than anything else really.

for the most part psychedelics give my mind a 'blank' feeling and i just get lost in the colours and the speed of thoughts flowing through my head. i tend to more not think of anything too deeply.

but for weed i can become incredibly creative and self analytical. it really increases thought depth to an amazing degree.

i prefer to use it for this reason but i smoke with people a lot so i tend to let my thoughts flow out and it stimulates the deepest conversations ime.

people who are slaves to any plant to have deeper thoughts and be more creative are not the smartest of the bunch, we gotta be realistic here and im saying that as a person who has smoked ATLEAST ten kilos in ten years not counting the social smoking but just solo or me+1 spliffs... lol. ... was alot smarter when i didnt smoke.

Last edited:
I never got anything out of the more traditional psychedelics, apart from mushrooms and dmt. lol. Alright I just totally contradicted myself. I hated acid though, got me so high I couldn't even think on the stuff and the experience really was not all that enlightening to me. It also felt horribly hard on my body, while dmt was almost soothing. Mushrooms eventually just made me nauseated every time (after enlightening my mind at least), but 4-aco-dmt is pretty sweet.

However for myself, cannabis was always the king of psychedelic thought. I never used anything else extensively. I'm glad I spent so much time stoned, but I'm happy that I don't smoke anymore if that makes sense. I feel that it awakened me all that it possibly could, and I have no reason to use it anymore. That is after 10 years of straight toking though =D=D=D
Wish I had quit a little sooner really but it's just a smoke at the end of the day.

This would be the best side effect of cannabis IME. I consider my creative thought process to be vastly improved while "stoned". While using it recreationaly I could sit and think all year, probably get some good tea drinking done but not much else. I've found if I lower the dose just a bit and keep it below opening my chakras and other such spiritual events I can get way more done.

Having to learn to use it medically (not so much that I'm couch locked for life but enough to function) was a lot easier coming from a recreational user who basically just slowed way the hell down until I was living my life again and not just an addict in seek mode.

After working through the anxiety it has been painful life lessons mixed with personal profound insight. I did stop for a while but ADHD, aging and the miracle of being able to enjoy life again thanks to weed was more valuable to me than any reason I could find not to use.

I use it for introspection and prayer (at night, I don't go to Mass high). It's sometimes very difficult and unpleasant, but I find I can spot things I do that aren't kind (or even may be destructive) that I can't see while sober, like how I interact with people and all that. I can sometimes get a little movie type experience going where I see myself in situations in life, and it really helps me see some bad stuff that needs correcting.

For prayer, I feel closer to G-d on it and it just makes me feel like whatever I'm doing is more meaningful. Like I'm totally invested in that moment of prayer.

I have a feeling which I was just talking to a friend about today, that the best way to use weed may be on awhile/off awhile. I get these insights, but it isn't until I'm sober that I feel I can really put into use the insights, if you get what I mean. I'll have an idea for a song and I think it's incredible, but good luck getting me to record it while high. Likewise, I might think I need to do more volunteer work or other charitable action, but I honestly don't do anything until I sober up.

Salutations BaconBoy,

...it was cool and it was fun...

My primary motivation initially was to get enough sleep during the exams period.

...profound insights into my behaviour and lifestyle.

No worries self-diagnostic might start a Moebius loop in the positronic matrix?...

...wondering if anyone else smokes for mental relief or reflection and if so, how and what for.

This: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/668387-Musical-brain

Then for relief plain old TV entertainment will do: http://moviepilot.com/posts/3625764

Good day, have fun!! =D