• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does anyone else seem to get bad trips when taking strange/unusual combinations?

burn out

Bluelighter
I recently combined mescaline with amanita muscaria and cannabis and had a pretty unpleasant trip. Nothing hellish or particularly traumatizing but just a very out of control and pretty negative experience.

This is the third or fourth time I have had a bad trip when taking an unusual combination of substances. I should note that I absolutely love amanita muscaria and mescaline on their own, but together, yuck. Or maybe it was the cannabis. Who knows? That's the thing about combinations, hard to tell what effects are from what.

Well cannabis tends to send my trip in a different direction, most of the time to a bad place. I tend to try and stick with one substance because it feels 'natural' compared to combining drugs if you get my vibe.

I think cannabis synergizes so well with every hallucinogen I've ever tried that I will literally never consider tripping again without it, but aside from that I have honestly not yet found a combination of trips that I liked as much as I would've liked either trip on its own. I think it's asking quite a lot of two random molecules to create severe disturbances in the brain that just happen to work really well together.... It's already amazing enough that any of them alone can create meaningful changes.

Cannabis always makes my trip twice as intense, sometimes likeable, sometimes not.
Personally I will never combine it anymore.

When I use cannabis, it always overrides the headspace of whatever psychedelic - no matter how strong the dose is - and brings it to the dull, stoned headspace of weed. Which kind of ruins the point of taking psychedelics. You lose the clarity, and get confused, which is makes a bad experience more likely.

And to the OP, if AM is not prepared right, it will certainly make you feel quite sick.

Combinations are very interesting, but I think some thought needs to go into them to get the most out of them. Also, if you are combing, you should use both substances that you have tried already from literally that same bag/strip/etc.

As a general rule for combinations, the more variables you add, the higher chance of unexpected results. Doses of each should be reduced relative to the amount you would take by themselves, and you should be familiar with the effects of each component by themselves before dosing them concurrently.

As for your specific combination, I can't really comment because I am not familiar with the pharmacology of amanita, but you should if you are combining it with other things!

If you want to talk about crazy combinations that will result in a positive effect most of the time (never certain with psychedelics) is 200mg of MDMA right before you peak on 300ug of good acid. Simply amazing, best experience of my life and still to this day...so far ? maybe your choice of mushroom was what made you trip. They are a low grade poison so maybe??

When I use cannabis, it always overrides the headspace of whatever psychedelic - no matter how strong the dose is - and brings it to the dull, stoned headspace of weed. Which kind of ruins the point of taking psychedelics. You lose the clarity, and get confused, which is makes a bad experience more likely.

this times one thousand

I Haven't really combined different psychedelics together but LSD+dissociatives is quite fun though I haven't holed on psychedelics.

Shrooms+MDMA remains probably the most euphoric drug experience I've had.

LSD+lots of MDMA on a festival setting was pretty intense. LSD+K+MXE on a psychedelic forest festival was insane fun haha.

I try to avoid weed until I have peaked, its fun later but unnecessary during the peak imo. And yeah it can change the direction of the trip very quickly.

Maybe read and do a little research, there is enough information availible to find some verry potent en safe combinations. Candyflip is one the most fun ecspessialy when dosing bumps of ketamine in your peak. Or maybe some 2cb(watch the dose) with acid can create intressting tips. I know people who smoke DMT while on shrooms or LSD, this is not adviced, most people do this once and learn!

Yes, combining several mind-altering drugs can drastically change the effects, power, and duration of your experience.
I have seen very experienced psychonauts completely lose it on combinations of drugs they were very comfortable with individually.

In particular taking cannabis with psychedelics can add a sudden spike in confusion or even anxiety for some people, especially if they are not regular smokers.

Be careful and stay safe. If you are going to take several drugs together, assume increased risk and adjust doses accordingly, make sure your setting is very secure and ideally that you have a sober(ish) companion on hand to deal with situations that might be out of your control.