• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

does anyone else have trouble sleeping not the night of rolling, but the night AFTER?

lokidoki

Bluelighter
not sure if this has been a weird coincidence or not, but the past 2 times i've rolled, i slept okay the night of rolling (well as fine as you can sleep just after a roll), and the next day dealt with feeling cracked out, but then have been completely unable to sleep the following night. like entirely unable to have even a wink.

i rolled the other night and had the usual restless sleep last night, but im more worried about tonight because i have to go to work tomorrow, and considering my past couple of experiences, not sure ill be able to knock out. loading up with neurosleep (i usually have hydrocodone to help me out but it hasnt even helped the past couple of times and dont have any right now anyway) and probably a bowl just before.

has anyone else had this problem? or am i just crazy?

MDMA does deplete your serotonin which takes from 2 weeks to a month to restore to normal levels and serotonin is the hormone in the brain that controls sleep, appetite, mood, etc. Try some melatonin (sleep hormone). It can help reset your sleeping pattern if taken every night before bed for a bit. Otherwise the lack of serotonin in your brain will offset your sleep and it is not out of the ordinary.

Rolling too often will make these offset effects worse as well so keep that in mind and at least leave a month between your rolls.

I have a tendency to not sleep well at night even after the fentanyl patch I have on, the 5/325 mg. of Percocet I take along with the 5 mg. of Ambien, 0.5 mg. klonopin, not to mention the 100 mg. Trazadone as well. It started when my Ambien was reduced to 5 mg. instead of 10 mg. Now mind you I have been disabled since I was 39 and I am now 63. It would seem the more tired I am the more hyper I become and I can literally go about 3 nights without sleep before exhaustion takes over and I finally sleep about on the 4th night. During the days I am wired. You would think I would not even be able to move with the medication but not me. But I think I get what you are saying. It is like I can't turn my brain off and during these sleepless night all I can do is think about my past, which is really bad from some things I have been through. For example I lost my 4 year old, 8 day year son Benjamin when he ran out in front of a car and was killed when in 1982. That is just the beginning. I still have nightmares about the night he died as I was there. That is just the beginning and I won't put my life history on here to bore you on my first post. But yes to the original question. I understand totally what you are talking about and I was a LPN in North Carolina.

Try some melatonin (sleep hormone). It can help reset your sleeping pattern if taken every night before bed for a bit.

This sounds interesting, do you have more info about this? My sleeping patterns seems to be kinda off from the LTC I had, so anything that I can do to help is more than welcome :)
Are you thinking about a week? or a month?

It is a herbal sleep aid you'll find in the pharmacy called "melatonin". It's the hormone your brain produces when it's time to sleep. This supplement will raise your melatonin levels and help you feel sleepy. You also have wicked dreams.

I never took it everyday but I did hear how it can help regulate your sleeping pattern. Try it out :D

You can try Valerian Root and some Chamomile tea which are both safe and very sedating when combined. Always knocked me out back in my insomnia days.

It is a herbal sleep aid you'll find in the pharmacy called "melatonin". It's the hormone your brain produces when it's time to sleep. This supplement will raise your melatonin levels and help you feel sleepy. You also have wicked dreams.

I never took it everyday but I did hear how it can help regulate your sleeping pattern. Try it out :D

Yeah, I heard about (and used) melatonin :) , I have some capsules around, but I was interested in the fact that you suggested that we should take it an N number of days, to help level the substance in the brain. How many days you think? 1 week? I know it's not recommended to use it for too long, because your brain gets used to get it from the capsules and stop producing it after a while.

This happens to me a lot as well i just smoke some bud and im fine

Yeah Stimulants Tend to Keep people Awake And what First Guy Said about Seretonin 5-6 months if you wanna roll and not damage your Brain.

Me. To be fair though,I do subscribe to the 'MDMA resets your body clock' theory. Takes me about 3-4 days to adjust back to normal after using it.

Me. To be fair though,I do subscribe to the 'MDMA resets your body clock' theory. Takes me about 3-4 days to adjust back to normal after using it.

I'd say it's more likely that staying up all night then sleeping throughout the next day changes your sleeping pattern instead of the MDMA itself.