Does anybody like hardtechno/schranz?

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few folks here that do. We already have a techno thread Techno Thread Clicky Thing . Notice that people here share an example of the genre they enjoy. You, of course, are encouraged to do the same and share your favorite.

C K

Yes, I like schranz

I was never that much of a DJ Rush fan at the time, but it's a cool track.
I mainly digged like the Umek style, guy was pumping out EPs like crazy. He even went with the times and produced a lot more tech housey EPs in the early 2000s.
Definitely liked Thomas Krome, Joey Beltram, Dave Clarke etc... as well.

Back when Belgian techno was actually good, I always hated Bonzai records and stuff, and nowadays... yeah...

I was never that much of a DJ Rush fan at the time, but it's a cool track.
I mainly digged like the Umek style, guy was pumping out EPs like crazy. He even went with the times and produced a lot more tech housey EPs in the early 2000s.
Definitely liked Thomas Krome, Joey Beltram, Dave Clarke etc... as well.

Back when Belgian techno was actually good, I always hated Bonzai records and stuff, and nowadays... yeah...
Im not that big a fan of DJ Rush either, but he has some good tracks.

I like Joey Beltram and the eclectical Dave Clarke too, do you know his electro boogie? If not check this out:

I dislike nowadays techno, but I still like Bonzai and stuff too...

Im not that big a fan of DJ Rush either, but he has some good tracks.

I like Joey Beltram and the eclectical Dave Clarke too, do you know his electro boogie? If not check this out:

I dislike nowadays techno, but I still like Bonzai and stuff too...

Of course, I used to be (am?) a big electro fan, got a whole YT channel dedicated to it with 200 uploads of stuff that wasn't on there... :)

There's still good techno, there's loads and loads techno these days, much more than there used to be, just gotta find what you like.

Cudos to you if you know this, I doubt it a bit but hey, maybe youll surprise me, anyway really crazy shit...

whats schranz
The word comes from the German word Hofschranze,
who is someone living at some high-valued subject's court, and speaks the same as they do (nach dem Munde reden)
So say you have a king, and some half-peasant living at his court, and said half-peasant repeats everything the king says. That's a Hofschranze

which is a great metaphor for the music.
I don't like the music, too repetitious. But then again it's basically called "repititious"

Yet take care: A Schranze is not a Zofe.

Last edited: