• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does anybody knows If my heroin habit will influence on drinking aya?

sxh

Greenlighter
I don´t think that I can stop my habit more than one day after the ceremony

With some luck ayahuasca will show you that you really shouldn't have got any heroin habit at all for begin ;)

True but it seems dangerous to fully rely on that? Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I'll not combine them you know, bc I'll not use nothing the day of the ceremony, but do you think I'll still have residues on my system?
sorry for my english.

I'd do quite a bit of research into how MAOI interact with heroin. I've read in some places it's "very dangerous" but most people who talk about MAOI's havn't got the foggiest clue what they're talking about. Do a bit of reading round and convince yourself first.

Good luck with the aya - I wouldn't expect it to be a magic bullet for heroin addiction except in a few exceptional cases. How experienced with psychedelics are you? Oral DMT is beautiful and friendly but can be very psychedelic for a newbie.

Of course it will have an influence. Anything and everything will ripple into an ayahuasca experience. A heroin addiction is not a small aspect of your life. I'm guessing you will spend a good deal of time reflecting on your habit.

Hopefully the trip will be psychedelic enough to give you something else to think about than the heroin habit tho. When the air is filled with magic rotating jewels and you feel the best physically you've ever felt go with it - don't try and reach back to mundane thought patterns.

I'd do quite a bit of research into how MAOI interact with heroin. I've read in some places it's "very dangerous" but most people who talk about MAOI's havn't got the foggiest clue what they're talking about. Do a bit of reading round and convince yourself first.
There's also a BIG difference between MOAI's. There are irreversible(takes days or weeks to clear your system) and reversible(runs its course in a few hours) MAOI's...you can, generally, get away with more when using a reversible MAOI than the irreversible, but do your homework.
People tend to overstate the dangers of the interactions of drugs and MAOI's...at least where the reversible inhibitors are concerned. And Caapi is a RMAOI...reversible.

Good luck with the aya - I wouldn't expect it to be a magic bullet for heroin addiction except in a few exceptional cases. How experienced with psychedelics are you? Oral DMT is beautiful and friendly but can be very psychedelic for a newbie.

I've tried ibogaine twice and ayahuasca once, but the first time I took aya I did'nt break trough Idk why, I supose It was for my diet or for the fact that I smoked heroin one day before I reaaly dunno why, but I hope that This time I can break trough, A friend of mine told me that Aya work different with each individual and maybe that time just clean me and now she can show me something... Yeha I know is no magic stick But I have faith that it will help me in some way... thanks for your response mate.

Of course it will have an influence. Anything and everything will ripple into an ayahuasca experience. A heroin addiction is not a small aspect of your life. I'm guessing you will spend a good deal of time reflecting on your habit.

I mean not psycologically but chemically like I have too much morphine on my system that ayahuasca cant work in it's fully spectrum you know?

Yeah I appreciate your advice I hope this time will be better.
Any other recommendations? ps. Send me good vibes!!
Hopefully the trip will be psychedelic enough to give you something else to think about than the heroin habit tho. When the air is filled with magic rotating jewels and you feel the best physically you've ever felt go with it - don't try and reach back to mundane thought patterns.

I'm not so versed on the interactions can you translate what you say in mundane words?
There's also a BIG difference between MOAI's. There are irreversible(takes days or weeks to clear your system) and reversible(runs its course in a few hours) MAOI's...you can, generally, get away with more when using a reversible MAOI than the irreversible, but do your homework.
People tend to overstate the dangers of the interactions of drugs and MAOI's...at least where the reversible inhibitors are concerned. And Caapi is a RMAOI...reversible.

I mean not psycologically but chemically like I have too much morphine on my system that ayahuasca cant work in it's fully spectrum you know?

Oh OK, I misunderstood, sorry. You should poke around the DMT Nexus. A quick search through the forums revealed that, although opiates and MAOIs are generally considered a dangerous combination, at least a couple people have cautiously combined opiates and B. Caapi without a problem.

One consideration is that, even if the heroin doesn't pose a real toxicity threat, the idea that it may be dangerous might create an uneasiness that will negatively influence your mental set for the trip. Then again, so will withdrawals. Tough situation.

ps. Send me good vibes!!

Will do.

Ayahuasca tends to force some people into healthy living, not like Iboga does by actually curing you, but things like alcohol, caffeine, nicotine etc can make you feel very bad after a while, and it kind of forces you to quit and adapt a healthier lifestyle.

It's very wise to follow a strict diet before drinking Ayahuasca because the mono oxidase enzymes are inhibited, if there's still heroin in your blood your dopamine levels can rise dramatically, I'm not sure how dangerous that is, but it's probably not good.

I think it might be much better to work with Ibogaine again, but I know that's not what you're asking.