• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Does adderall not get everyone high?

giantinthesky

Greenlighter
Okay... got some from a friend, I've never tried adderall before, I took 30 mg (f/5'10"/200 lb), and didn't feel any different. I ended up taking a short nap (not deep sleep) a few hours later. My friend, who's using pills from the same lot, is getting her usual high so I don't think the pills are bust.

Tried 60 mg a few days later, felt maybe a little buzzy, almost like the mental aspect of a gabapentin high. Not much else though.

Today (four days since last dose) I said screw it and took 120 mg. I've noticed my depression-related dysphoria is less and while I don't feel hyperactive/motivated, it's also making it not terrible to get through my to-do list. I also feel that same mental high but with a touch of dizziness and a moderate amount of nausea. 120 is too much for me but maybe I don't really have the physiology to get high off adderall? Is that even possible?

edit: I'm finding info about the differences in adderall manufacturers/effects. I wonder if this is just one that doesn't agree with me. They're the 30 mg tabs by Shire

Last edited:
120mg should be strongly stimulating. It should also have a pretty noticeable comedown if taken in one dose.

Have you taken other types of stimulants before and noticed their effect? Like say cocaine, methamphetamine or MDMA?

It sounds like there's something wrong. I have pretty bad ADD so taking 30mg is my normal dose for a day (from the psychiatrist). When I first started getting into amphetamines about 11 years ago, I took quite a few adderall one night. Probably close to 250mg. I was high, but I slept for quite a while afterwards. This isn't an example of anything though. I think, at least from what I've read on here most people can get desirable effects at around 20~40mg or so when just starting out

For some reason I never seem to develop a tolerance to the things. Maybe because they work. But yeah, if I take over 60mg, closer to 100mg I will start to get high.. Obviously I don't do that though because of the horrific side-effects and it's dangerous

Thanks for the replies! I haven't taken any other stimulant before this. After I posted this I took 0.5 mg clonazepam which is helping a lot. I have a couple of these pills left but I don't think I'll be taking them lol

Well don't waste em, send them to me :)

Thanks for the replies! I haven't taken any other stimulant before this. After I posted this I took 0.5 mg clonazepam which is helping a lot. I have a couple of these pills left but I don't think I'll be taking them lol

How is your tolerance to caffeine? I have heard of people who have a very high tolerance (me for example) to caffeine and stimulants don't work that well. But it's very weird.

I would avoid changing your tolerance, exposure to a higher dose will make the regular doses nonessential or not good enough.

30mg of Adderall for the first time should have you JACKED UP lol ???

60mg is grossly too much, I personally would need medical intervention, I.V. diazepam & beta blockers, etc

Something is definitely not right with this picture. Are you on any other meds that could be inhibiting TAAR1 or DAT ? Where these meds 100% pharmaceutical legit Shire Addys or even legit generic ....do you know what to lookout for?

Do the same pills get your friend spun ?

120mg is a lot, if you're not feeling it off of friggin 40mg and you're a new user it probably just isn't gonna get you off for whatever biochemical, spiritual or intellectual reason