• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Does Acid/LSD have long lasting effects to the mind???

joediaz42013

Greenlighter
Few years ago, like 4 to be exact a friend gave me 10 strips of acid and I went on a trip I wasn't ready for lol. I was just wondering if the acid still has somewhat of an effect on me 'til this day??

yeah absolutely.
The most distinct effect for me was effects to visual processing. But I guess maybe effects to abstract thinking and such was as tremendous, but it is just easy to tell that it is different when you trip balls sober at vegetable sector in mall 3 months after trip lol.

yeah absolutely.
The most distinct effect for me was effects to visual processing. But I guess maybe effects to abstract thinking and such was as tremendous, but it is just easy to tell that it is different when you trip balls sober at vegetable sector in mall 3 months after trip lol.
Alright, I was just wondering because I won't lie since that die it definitely feels like things have opened up for me spiritually even just my way of thinking has changed after all these years

what is interesting that some people report that their post-hallucinogen perceptive disorder (now, disorder as in "disturbing amount of exceptionality") gets better when they trip again on different psychedelic. Damn those psychedelics do things to mind.

Few years ago, like 4 to be exact a friend gave me 10 strips of acid and I went on a trip I wasn't ready for lol. I was just wondering if the acid still has somewhat of an effect on me 'til this day??
Welcome to BL!
So you've taken 10 tabs at once?
Was that your first time using psychedelics?
What do you think has happened after the trip?

Welcome to BL!
So you've taken 10 tabs at once?
Was that your first time using psychedelics?
What do you think has happened after the trip?
Yes it was the first time I actually used any sort of psychedelic and the dude I tripped with decided it was ok to give me 10 strips at once smh.....After the trip I definitely experienced a broader perception of the world around me

Yes it was the first time I actually used any sort of psychedelic and the dude I tripped with decided it was ok to give me 10 strips at once smh.....After the trip I definitely experienced a broader perception of the world around me
Your friend was definitely reckless in giving you that much for your first time.
Anyway yes, it is possible that that trip permanently shifted your view of the world.

Your friend was definitely reckless in giving you that much for your first time.
Anyway yes, it is possible that that trip permanently shifted your view of the world.
Yeah i honestly believe he did it on purpose and had bad intentions of trying to hypnotize me lol as crazy as that sounds......As the trip started he started playing some like rain drop background sounds and was telling me just to relax.....I got freaked out instantly and a feeling of my mind being tapped into quickly occurred smh :/ So i jumped up out the seat i was in and took off running out the house lol and had the worst trip imaginable. Well it was good and bad ig because at times i feel like i was talking to some sort of higher power but im really not sure how true that is

From my experience if you take a really huge dose of LSD or mushrooms you will still feel different / changed for a few weeks to months to come. But if you just take a normal dose, it will pretty much be over the next day. I also believe that this is the more true the younger you are. If you get older then everything has already been settled in the brain, it had much more training to distinguish what is real and what is not and it will snap back to that much more easily and readily.

By "changed" I mean that you are for example more open to emotions, enthralled by nature, esotheric, mystic or artistic things and that you may derive some profound personal meaning from it. This can affect what you value in life, or how you view things, it might be a little bit like wearing rose-colored glasses. But it is not like the actual effects of the drug like hallucinations and such would stick with you.

Eventually though it will all wash out and the magic will just disappear.

Alright, I was just wondering because I won't lie since that die it definitely feels like things have opened up for me spiritually even just my way of thinking has changed after all these years

Profound experiences, of any sort, can have lasting changes on our minds. Some people have near-death experiences where afterwards they forever have a different perception of reality, for example. I would say that I was never the same again after my very first trip, which was a life-changing experience, because I went from a nihilistic atheist who believed that nothing meant anything, to someone who believes we are all the universe experiencing itself subjectively, that I am you and you are me. Such an experience is bound to change someone, but that doesn't mean it's because of any sort of damage or chemical imbalance or even change in the brain. It's just because our experiences change who we are over time, all of them. I consider it a blessing that I had that trip, and it was a positive change for me. 22 years later - more than half my life and my entire adult life - and I still feel the ramifications of that trip. Though it is very far from my only trip, to be sure.

Beyond that, some people do report lasting perceptual changes. And others don't. Overall, I wouldn't be worried about it... anxiety is very bad for you.

I am presently a caregiver for an ex who has terminal cancer. This will change me forever, already has. Any strong experience will change your perception of the world.

And, yeah, there's some pharmaceutical changing going on with LSD as well.

Haha only just saw this but I say ... without question.

I am not referring in terms of damage, impairment or even disorder, imbalance, mental instability though.

The mind is a conscious observing developing understanding tool.

LSD moves consciousness shifts sometimes so fast impossible to keep up adapt.

Needs time IME. Not just 2 crazy years say.

I will be forever different, but never wavered from my true self just peeled right back from my LSD use.

Really behind me all now but blowing me on like a strong gust down the road as analogy.

Same with ecstacy, except does permanently alter neurochemistry arguably.

But I really maxed there too long back because it was mindful consciousness alteration, % drastic perception alteration too.

With me forever despite never think about.