• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does acid have a comedown?

No, I wouldn't call it smooth-sailing all the way - I know what you mean with the re-integration state of acid, but I rather enjoy that part actually. In the elsewhere time I kind of forget all and just drift, which is pretty darn lush really, but I find the putting back together phase to be very rewarding and reflective. If a little scattered and skittish for a while.

Then again, I'm not really one for heroic doses, so maybe that's it - although I don't remember any issues with comedowns in my more reckless youth. Just lucky, I guess :).

depends on how dirty your acid is. Some acid will have a tight muscle/joint feel and also jaw clenching and facial tension on the comedown. Cleaner L will lack these effects.

K doesn't really have a come down

What! I bet you still believe in Santa Claus! =D =D. For several hours after ketamine I feel like I've had my IQ halved and am still under the influence of a curare like muscle relaxant (absoluely no physical co-ordination). If that's not a comedown I don't know what is! ;)

it does have a comedown.

it will be about 14 hours after taking it before sleep is easily accomplished but after a good rest and a bit of food you will feel much more back to normal, but after my first trip i was so blown away that it took days before i even said very much.... it took a few days for me to try to figure everything out... writing seemed to help, i just got a sheet of paper and started going through pages about the trip...

its not like an ecstasy comedown.... you don't feel bad after a trip, just a little mentally shaken... and that can take a little while to work out... jesus my first time taking ecstasy the next day i wanted to punch the next person that pissed me off in the face... day after my first acid trip i walked outside to a beautiful day and just thought life is wonderful...

after my first acid trip i walked outside to a beautiful day and just thought life is wonderful...

Can relate - it's a beatific and beautiful thing :)

jamaica0535 said:
day after my first acid trip i walked outside to a beautiful day and just thought life is wonderful...
Yep, same with my first trip, 100% :)
All was at peace in the universe. The birds were singing, the grass was green and the air was clear and crisp :D

I think that any comedown is alleviated by being selective over the time you drop. Basically drop in the morning & trip all day & you'll have less comedown feeling than if you fuck with your bodyclock by tripping all night.

Tisn't always that straightforward tho. :)

also stay well hydrated and get some electrolytes in you and also some nutrient-dense calories over the course of the trip.

yes, just so long as you NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER drink tea on LSD. WHEW heaven forbid some nutball should do THAT 8o

Oh damn damn damn - that's me finished with the stuff then

I like sushi while on the come down of LSD
one time we were in athens GA and and went to the sushi bar and had a blast using chop sticks and wassbi.

but on teh other hand one time on the way back from a festival on the come down we stopped at a truckers station and had the WORST egg salad sandwiches. the L already agev us gut rot, and the egg salad didnt help either.

Gaian Planes said:
yes, just so long as you NEVER and I mean NEVER EVER drink tea on LSD. WHEW heaven forbid some nutball should do THAT 8o

Does drinking chai also count as utterly fucked up as well? God I hope not as that's my staple liquid intake at festivals :D

I can't tolerate caffeine much at all, good ol' autie hypersensitivity, if I want to wake up out of bed rapidly, all I need is one vodka and coke and I will be straight up wide eyed.

I can only imagine it would be hell on acid and caffeine, as acid is already too stimulating as it is, I find it a lot better if I preload with a low to medium dose of clonidine though, or at a pinch a beta blocker.

I'm much more a fan of DMT+harmala seed myself, I find that so relaxing.

LSD has nice stimulant properties, I think. It makes moving your body feel SO good and also breathing feels amazing on it. :D

The ONLY stimulants I can tolerate, are piracetam, if it counts as one, charlie, and MAOIs, I don't react well to any others, although I do low doses of MDMA now and then, and like to test out the odd new merchandise so to speak.

n3ophy7e said:
Yep, same with my first trip, 100% :)
All was at peace in the universe. The birds were singing, the grass was green and the air was clear and crisp :D

The afterglow is great, i walked out of my buddies house a little bit mentally exhausted and shaken but with an increased appreication for the world we live in and all the beauty it contains. Its the type of feeling you would get if you had no windows to look out of and had to stay locked in a house for a long time. Sunlight hits your face, the sky is more bluer, the grass is greener, and life seems wonderful.

Gaian Planes said:
LSD has nice stimulant properties, I think. It makes moving your body feel SO good and also breathing feels amazing on it. :D

im usually a night tripper, but last thursday while camping on the lake i dropped a hit and it provided me a mild enough trip to be around people without bothering me but still plenty visual with a good headspace... i got out on a kayak and must have gone about a mile while peaking... the breeze was nice, the water looked beautiful while forming patterns in the ripples... the sky had hues of purple and the trees surounding the lake looked incredibly vibrant. I was with a sober friend, he was getting tired but i hardly even felt tired at all...

Gaian Planes said:

i tend to like sweeter things while tripping, i usually go with juice or sweet iced tea... water just taste wrong for me...

Last edited:
I always have the best conversations while coming off of acid. And even if I am alone, I use every minute of my time returing from my subconscious to reflect on my life and my friends and family and the mysteries of the universe and how to better the world and myself etc.

There is clearner acid and there is poorer quality acid. Most good acid will be LSD-25, and if you're lucky you'll come across something like ALD-52, which is said to be smoother, so more of a posative body load where your senses intertwine rather than your body feeling tense. Poor quality acid doesn't nessicarily give you a bad trip if you enjoy acid, but a more physically uncomfortable feeling like jaw tension, back ache, stomache cramp. For newcomers, that alone can cause a bad experience because they feel warily and assume they may be in need of medical attention. Always good to trip with at least one experienced acid eater.

One time I was still slightly tripping in the afternoon, still coming off after tripping balls all night. I live in Arizona and summer afternoons are not pleasant. I felt like my brain was bleeding. Though I kept in mind acid is not physically harmful, I actually felt discomfort. I had to go around town cleaning swimming pools with my friend and I should have been home relaxing. Set and setting is everything. Just take care of your body on acid. For your first time trip in familiar places with close friends, good music, healthy light snacks, buddah (if you are a regular smoker, really enhances the visuals and lightens the mood). I like to eat fruit and play super mario brothers 3 while tripping :]