• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Does absence of brain zaps mean there is no serious damage?

jamiec999

Greenlighter
I read through First Bad Comedown's posts. I wish he still was around.

He, in his posts, relate brain zaps to healing of the brain once it has been damaged.

Does it mean if a person is not dealing with any brain zaps, he didn't have serious brain damage?

You can have brain zaps, yet no damage. You can have damage without brain zaps as well.

It's no conclusive indicator.

I have been having some dizziness and headache a few days after the roll but no zaps. That's why I'm asking. Would I feel like screwed if I damaged myself?

You can't really "feel" neurotoxicity. With MDMA you know it exists though.

I think people often assume you can feel pretty much all types of damage, not even consciously, and I know I've done that for years. (But now that I'm speaking for myself, pushing the envelope and trying RC's or combinations had various reasons and any objections did also.)

Please, don't continue with a drug until you think you feel the 'damage' is getting too discouraging, even if you experiment try to follow some 'guidelines' of what most people are finding reasonable, it's actually not arbitrary or sheep mentality.

Worst sin in the category is to (opportunistically?) assume safety or lack of risk based on reports of people not dying or being hospitalized after super heavy drug use.

I am not going to use MDMA ever again. I actually quit one year ago. Used it again for one last time due a special event last Saturday night. Now I feel a slight pressure on my temples and some very very light touch-like feeling on my scalp which makes me think if it is related to some sort of brain damage or toxicity or if it is psychological.

I'd assume it'd be more often than not the opposite of the original proposition in the original post; phenotypically discernible physiological re-actions to acute cessation to a compound that are not the direct influence of the MoA of the drug in question (but are the bodies way or readjusting and calibrating to the immediate loss of its former but artificial baseline); you can't tell when damage is being done, but reeling from effects, now that is a quantifiable experience which overwhelmingly (or so I presume seeing as it is sensible to do so) is more of the neurological healing process than "cut and dry"/wholly-unwarranted, isolated, instances of full-on dysfunctional damage that was done and which isn't a pendulum compensation that your body is doing to show its caring for itself (the latter which I'd more readily presume it to be, than cringing in fear of it being a sign of damage. Let's just say, in many ways (and I am speaking of "you" in a rhetorical, general sense of the quintessential "everyman") you aren't as smart as your brain is when it comes to how to react to stimuli).