• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does a surgical mask work as a filter for a Codeine Cold Water Extraction?

roamster1

Greenlighter
There are definetly heaps of threads on CWE but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere.

There are heaps of surgical masks around at the moment due to covid.

So wondering if they would work well as a filter to remove the APAP from tablets with combined codeine/APAP?

Thanks.

I wouldn’t use them, they are full of chemicals.

Masks aren't designed to work if saturated. Coffee filters are designed to work if saturated. That could make a huge difference in what actually gets filtered out, potentially. Back in 2020, I heard that masks are far less effective (for Covid purposes) if they get saturated from being out in the rain. So, if they're way less effective when wet for filtering out the respiratory droplets, they would likely not be very effective for a CWE either. Because both are a physical object trying to get through the filtration of the mask. So, the coffee filter would be better than a mask, because they're designed to work even after being saturated.

Does anybody know the general size of particle encountered during a cwe?

Secondarily has anybody tried an aeropress espresso maker for cwes? It seems like a reverse buchner funnel.

Masks aren't designed to work if saturated. Coffee filters are designed to work if saturated. That could make a huge difference in what actually gets filtered out, potentially. Back in 2020, I heard that masks are far less effective (for Covid purposes) if they get saturated from being out in the rain. So, if they're way less effective when wet for filtering out the respiratory droplets, they would likely not be very effective for a CWE either. Because both are a physical object trying to get through the filtration of the mask. So, the coffee filter would be better than a mask, because they're designed to work even after being saturated.
Precisely.
Use a coffee filter.

Fuck, when I got desperate I would just use a cotton t-shirt doubled over.

There are definetly heaps of threads on CWE but couldn't find this mentioned anywhere.

There are heaps of surgical masks around at the moment due to covid.

So wondering if they would work well as a filter to remove the APAP from tablets with combined codeine/APAP?

Thanks.
Try ethanol to do the extraction cold water extraction is crap you get bonded codeine the ethanol way

Try ethanol to do the extraction cold water extraction is crap you get bonded codeine the ethanol way
How do you prevent the acetamenophen/paracetamol from dissolving in the ethanol? I thought the point of CWE was that Tylenol is less soluble in cold water. I'm not sure it's less soluble in ethanol. Surely this would've been suggested long ago if it were.

Why would you use a mask instead of a regular coffee filter or even some tightly packed cotton and/or filtering silica powder?

I simply use 2 sheets of cheap kitchen towel pushed down into a large plastic cup to make a funnel, wrap a laggy band round the top to keep it in place and then wet it with cold water.

I then dissolve my pills in cold water from the tap (let it run for ages so its the coldest it can be)

one dissolved i chuck it straight into the funnel (dont freeze it no need I have found out) and leave it for an hour, then all that's left in the funnel is like a melted marshmallow thing and the drained liquid is always crystal clear, i always give it a second wash too.

this method for me works on the cheap round co-codamol 8/500 and also the cheap oblong co-codamol 8/500 (although they are little harder to dissolve and take longer). It also worked well with a bunch of Zapain 30/500 I got from the docs many moons ago. Tried it with Nurofen plus once but gave up after trying for about 4 hours

Literally (the right) kitchen towel is fine. I actually get far clearer mixes than I do from coffee filters even after squeezing. It also tends not to split either