• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dodgers pitcher admits cocaine use

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Ronald Belisario, the troubled Los Angeles Dodgers reliever who missed all of last season because of visa problems in his native Venezuela, said Wednesday that it was a positive test for cocaine that kept him from obtaining the necessary paperwork that would have allowed him to enter the United States.

Belisario, who must serve a 25-game suspension at the start of this season for failing to comply with baseball's drug policy, said he used the drug only once -- he didn't remember when or where -- and that he hasn't sought treatment for drug abuse.

"I don't have a problem with any drugs," he said. "It was a one-time thing."

Belisario, whom the Dodgers signed as a minor league free agent three winters ago after he was released by the Pittsburgh Pirates, was late reporting to spring training because of visa problems each of his first two years with the club before not showing up at all last year. He remains on the Dodgers' restricted list, meaning he isn't taking up a spot on the 40-man roster.

Belisario also missed a month during the 2010 season, an absence he never publicly explained. Belisario was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol in Pasadena during the 2009 season, which was the reason he had difficulty obtaining a visa from the U.S. Embassy in Caracas the following spring.

cont at
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/...gers-ronald-belisario-tested-positive-cocaine

This is ridiculous...he's a baseball player and even then, he used the drug once. I don't see how non performance enhancing drugs even matter in the fact that it is obvious he was doing coke then playing ball. Is the man not allowed any privacy because he is an athlete? How about they start testing judges, lawyers, and cops too? Lol that might cause a rethinking of the drug policy on their part...if only I had time to tell all of the stores of corruption on the part of LEO's that have come to my attention over the last few years though I know I'm not the only one here on bluelight that is personally familiar with police corruption-beyond just reading articles I mean.