• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor presribed me Promethazine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficksme

Greenlighter
Question, my doctor prescribed me promethazine because I sometimes get real itchy, watery eyes when taking my prescribed oxy.
He gave me promethazine pills..My question is, does anybody think it's possible for me to ask for the liquid instead of the pills?

How could one make that kind of switch? Would it be that big of deal? I mean, he already has me on it, but I just would like to have the liquid form. I am sick of taking pill after pill after pill and liquid form would be nice for one of my presciption medication.Thanks.

Just ask. Its not really a big deal.

I know people usually say they would never recommend asking for specific medicine to a doctor, but this would be different, right? Since I already get it in pill form.

What would I say?...
"Hi Doctor, is there any way I can get the liquid form of this? I take so many other pills, that I honest just want to change it up a bit"

I can't think of what I would say. lol

Where do you live?

Here in the UK, we have many medications that come in liquid and pill form. However, the liquid form tends to be a lot more expensive, so doctors will only generally prescribe the liquid form to children or adults who are unable to swallow for whatever reason.

Here in the UK you can buy promethazine in tablet (10mg and 25mg) and liquid form over the counter in the chemist without a prescription.

promethazine is good for alllergies or itches that opioids induce, a good potentiator too.

I'm in the US. I take other prescribed medicine and it's in pill form, so I really cannot use the excuse that I cannot swallow pills.

I am prescribed oxycodone and methadone. I'm still thinking of how I can ask for the liquid form instead of the pill form....

That's really between you and your doctor. I'm not implying anything, but if your intent is to inject the Promethazine (Phenergan) liquid, then don't waste your time, as the solution will most like come in the form of a highly viscous syrup. I'm gonna close this as this issue is between the poster and their prescriber and there's nothing further we can do here on Bluelight to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.