• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doctor gave me two prescriptions for the same medication

ghuleh

Greenlighter
I'm new here so please if I make a mistake, be kind. I just got a tooth pulled, and I walked out with two prescriptions. One was for Tylenol 3, and the other, to my surprise, was again Tylenol 3. 18 pills, no refills on both. I assumed he just wanted me to have extra in case I need them, and drove to the pharmacy.

On my way there I was concerned and decided not to fill both, thinking they made a mistake. The office is closed now and I'm waiting for the one Tylenol 3 prescription to be ready. But do you think the doctor made a mistake? He signed both prescriptions, by hand too because they don't exactly match. Their prescription ID is the same. I'm not sure what that is but I assume it means they're the same prescription just printed twice.

What do you think? I don't want to get in trouble due to ignorance.

Is there a "do not fill until ____ date" somewhere on one of them?

If I were you I would just give the pharmacy one and then take the other one in when you run out.

No, there's no "do not fill until ___ date" on it. I just don't want to get myself or the dentist in trouble.

18 pills if your taking 4 times a day doesnt last long spunds like just a 2 week supply its just codeine they arent going to swat raid him. Worst case they just wont fill it ita not like ur forging scripts

No he did this purposely- My doctor gives me my scripts for Xanax as Restoril when I see her since I don't see her unless I need more or If I'm sick and need meds for whatever when I need them. Don't worry, he did this on purpose so dont mind or worry! It's for two months and he did it to save money for you instead of you going in just to get some scripts and pay extra for a check up.You got a really nice dentist :)

I think it's just to be filled in the case that you need it when you finish the first script. The dentist is probably just limiting the amount the pharmacy is handed to you at one time.

I think it's just to be filled in the case that you need it when you finish the first script. The dentist is probably just limiting the amount the pharmacy is handed to you at one time.
Agreed some do that bullshit to protect themselves, or just because I guess they may be anal when it comes to giving better pain medication for something like teeth work....