View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DOC volumetric dosing and storage

bluntwizard420

Bluelighter
So if someone were to acquire 50mg of DOC. What kind of solution could be used to dilute it and also allow it to be kept for lengthy periods of time? I'm a little rusty on chemistry so I'm not really sure what measurements would be needed to create a 500 microgram per .01 ml dosage range.

The standard (and oft vindicated) line is that phenethylamines of this sort are very stable, even in solution. You could use ethanol, or distilled water (no chlorine!), or a mixture of the two. The resulting solution will probably be fine for many months, or years, at room temperature, but you could also make aliquots and freeze them (or dissolve in ethanol, and keep the whole vial in the freezer). Avoid freeze-thaw cycles, in any case.

500 micrograms = 0.5 mg. You have 50 mg, so that's 100 times 0.01 ml = 1 ml. 50 mg in 1 ml might be pushing the limits of solubility for DOC (someone else may know more), but in any case, unless you have some micropipettes lying around, measuring out ten microlitres for a 0.5 mg dose (or 40 for 2 mg) is going to be impossible. How are you planning to use it?

yeah I guess .01 is unrealistic so .1ml I would need 100ml correct? would it work by dripping it sublingually?

So if someone were to acquire 50mg of DOC. What kind of solution could be used to dilute it and also allow it to be kept for lengthy periods of time? I'm a little rusty on chemistry so I'm not really sure what measurements would be needed to create a 500 microgram per .01 ml dosage range.

DOC is fairly stable to store in liquid so you can use normal Vodka if you like or if you need to get it down to have on 4/4squares measurements use IPA and if it's not dissolving completely heat it up some ans shake some. I used IPA for lesyrics so i wont get bacteria from using it in water. (If stored long time and taken out and used and putt back!)

I recently used 100ml dark rum (40% alcohol) to dissolve 100mg DOC. It was fine for the first few days, but upon returning a month later, the potency had severely diminished to a point that I did even want the liquid anymore and gave it away. I like DOC, so this was a disappointment. I don't know why it happened (by all acounts, it shouldn't have), but from that experience alone, I would suggest against using dark rum for dissolving DOC.

Either way I've never dosed anything volumetrically and I figured I'd best ask before I aquire something I could really fuckstart myself with. I've eyeballed 2c-e and 3-meo-pcp as well as a-pvp and a-php with good success but I'm not even going to try with fent analogs or potent psychs

I use 75% everclear (density of 0.84 g/mL), in a glass bottle w/ glass dropper for dispensing. A good target concentration for this potent compound is 2mg/mL (for HCl salt). Weigh compound using mg scale (do not expect vendor sends you exactly 50mg). Take your time and have fun making it. Be sure to label it carefully and tape over writing. Doing it right is money in the bank. It'll stay potent for years.

Good advice above regarding weighing it all first to confirm how much the vendor even sent you - wouldn't want it to be notably more, increasing the volumetric dosing. Otherwise this is a handy thread for me, having 20mg of DOC I'd love to try but would likely need to keep the vast majority of it in storage for a long while.