• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Do your fingertips feel weird after handling crystal meth? Also, does it tend to cause constipation?

TheAzo

Bluelighter
Last time I'd had my own meth - it was a big rock, and so I was like, shaving pieces off to load into my pipe. I noticed that after handling it, I swore my fingertips felt funny - but I wasn't sure it wasn't related to working with the hot pipe, or maybe some movement habit I'd picked up as a result of being on a stim, or something else.... In the interim I smoked some other pure chemical stims (which of course, were all far worse!) and forgot all about that (ie, ruled out the "hot pipe" explanation - but I just scored another ball of "The King" - And so of course, I handled it while putting the large rocks into bottle instead of the plastic bags that everyone who buys, sells, or middle-mans drugs seems inexplicably enamored of ("End drug abuse! Store your stash properly!"). And my fingertips felt funny again! I can't quite put words to how it feels, other than that I prefer how they normally feel - almost like, a different texture? Is this normal? Should I be like, washing hands after any time I touch it? Friend who is very experienced with meth (former dealer and serious addict) says the "crack back" looks good, and it also looks right when a crystal is broken up... Potency seems good - so if it's cut, we conclude that it's not cut very much, so unlikely that there could be some weirdo cut that's doing this.

Also, on a matter at a different end of the body, is it stimulant use that's been causing my brutal constipation (maybe from being less consistent on eating habits), or just changes to diet due to the whole lockdown thing? Without further information, I guess either is entirely plausible, just wondering if that's a common thing with stims. I used to wonder how people could (physically) take a dick up there for anal sex, but like, unless those penis enlargers you see ads for online actually do what they say they do, nobody has a dick anywhere near the girth of what I've had to squeeze out... so it seems way more plausible now.... But having to force out these giant shits, that's no fun. If it is a stim thing, is there a particular go-to intervention that is the favored solution? (If not, I'll just pursue the normal ones for diet-related constipation).

Thanks in advance for your experiences!

Meth is a salt. Could it be drying out your fingertips?

The lack of eating when on a binge can definitely cause constipation

There's a whole thread about the opposite effect on the bowels:

There's a whole thread about the opposite effect on the bowels:

It only made me vomit at times

This is one of those questions which can have two opposite answers depending on when it's asked. As said above, the adrenergic rush users often get from stimulants like meth can typically cause the bowels to empty, especially near the beginning of a binge and/or in anticipation of a dose.

However, later on - some time into a binge - if you haven't been forcing yourself to drink plenty of fluids regularly, you can become extremely dehydrated (compounded by the fact meth/stims have a diuretic effect). If this carries on too long, then you may indeed become constipated as the body desperately tries to extract every last drop of moisture from whatever waste is still in the intestines/colon.

This is one of those questions which can have two opposite answers depending on when it's asked. As said above, the adrenergic rush users often get from stimulants like meth can typically cause the bowels to empty, especially near the beginning of a binge and/or in anticipation of a dose.

However, later on - some time into a binge - if you haven't been forcing yourself to drink plenty of fluids regularly, you can become extremely dehydrated (compounded by the fact meth/stims have a diuretic effect). If this carries on too long, then you may indeed become constipated as the body desperately tries to extract every last drop of moisture from whatever waste is still in the intestines/colon.
This ⬆
The constipation happens later, usually after continued use/tolerance. Quite the opposite before that though. Some of my favorite number two's were had that way lol