• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do you think what I ate affected my roll? (Carbohydrates)

sweeeden

Greenlighter
Rolled for the first time last night, dropped a bomb of some tested stuff my friend had done before and called pretty potent, he folded us both 3 bombs each but reckoned I'd only need 2. Dropped the first around 11:50pm, the second some time around 2am and the third at half past 3am. Each bomb didn't seem to "hit me" as such, it came on quite gradually and I never hit what I'd have called euphoria. I thought it would hit me stronger, especially as I'd had a couple of puffs of a joint and a glass of wine at around 10:30pm. Still clenching my jaw plenty 24 hours later so no doubts I was actually high,

Don't get me wrong, it was fucking great and I hope to do it again at the beginning of June, but I am thinking that what I ate/the quantity I ate maybe lessened my roll? During the day before I had some dried fruit and a bagel, then a big pot of yoghurt and some frozen fruit, then another bagel, then a couple of gingerbread cookies. The last thing I ate was around 6.30pm. Too much carbohydrate? Has anyone else noticed a roll affected by what they'd eaten before?

I actually prefer eating after dropping mdma, the curve is a bit smoother. But not a huge difference.
How many milligrams did you take?
I have had mixed results with MDA though.

I actually prefer eating after dropping mdma, the curve is a bit smoother. But not a huge difference.
How many milligrams did you take?
I have had mixed results with MDA though.

Food was the last thing on my mind for the next 12 hours at least! I want to say my friend and I had half a gram between us but that seems like a hell of a lot. Not entirely sure, his dealer-friend just divided a pile into sections for us. If another friend is right and a key is a fairly universal measurement (just a student thing?) looked like there was about 2 keys per bomb.

Next time I give it a go I'll probably stick to fruits and vegetables and a bit of toast. That was an unusually heavy day for me anyway.

Get a scale
Get a test kit
Dose 100-120mg

That is all you need when you're new to MDMA. I prefer to not eat for about 4 hours before I drop. It doesn't matter what I eat usually but I stick to high carb/protein low fat diet anyways. Slower metabolisms should not eat high carbs, though.

would have been 1/4 each, but still yeah it can't have been as much as that!

I don't really plan on getting my own, but my friend and his dealer have both! Yeah I read a bit of advice saying leave a gap. Think I left around 5.5 hours...? I'll probably just lay the blame on the bagels.

MDMA hit me the hardest when I took it at a festival after barely eating anything all weekend (bag of crisps and the odd cereal bar), so a heavy meal could probably decrease the experience yeah. I wouldn't say it's a particular food group (like carbohydrates), just rather the amount of food you've eaten and the time between eating and dropping the MDMA.

I rolled on some pills after barely eating and had a weak roll, just thought the pills were weak but a week later on the same pills I had a good roll and all ate the second time was a whole bag of lays potato chips

I personally like to take it on an empty stomach, it kicks in faster and hits harder for me that way. One mistake you may have made was separating your doses as well. Taking a larger initial dose should get the job done and if you feel like you have to redose, try to do so within the first hour to an hour and a half of your initial drop. Just don't take as big of a dose as you did with your first dose, Maybe 1/2 to 2/3rds of the initial dose.
A scale is a must in my opinion. Eyeing out is never helpful. No matter what kind of guide you think you're following to match it up to. It could be dense or it could be fluffy. Sometimes 100mgs can look like 500mgs and vice versa.

Last edited:
I won't eat at all the day I intend on rolling, along with doing a decent amount of exercise (usually a ~35km ride into the city and back). Only thing I take in on roll days will be BCAAs, electrolytes, and multivitamins, until like 45 mins prior to dropping when I down some Vital Greens.

This method has been hit and miss lately though. Rolled Saturday night...took well over an hour to feel anything, come up was stupidly gradual (I prefer a kick in the face haha), and peak was average.

I dare say WHEN you've eaten will make much more of a difference than WHAT you've eaten, though even then you can never really be sure