• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you think cannabis legal age should be 21 (CO weed policy)

H.R. 1013 is a bill that will end Federal prohibition and tax marijuana the same as alcohol with many of the same rules. Read up on it, call your legislators and let them know you support this bill. Put down the joint for 5 minutes and make a phone call or send an email, don't be paranoid it's not like cops are going to be on your lawn first thing the next morning just for voicing your opinion on pot. Its easy to become complacent when you smoke all the time, I've been in that position. Now that I've quit I'm rather pissed off that our nation is so backwards about marijuana.

I think more research needs to be done before we place any, under 18 regulations on pot. Much of the research that has been done in the past has been more or less for propaganda purposes only. I'm pretty sure I've read a few times that it has been proven that marijuana use for individuals under the age of 14 has lead to learning disabilities and personality disorders. Then again, there are so many variables for learning disabilities and personalty disorders or quirks I'm sure its difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. As a rule though, I would never willingly smoke or over a joint to anyone under the age of 18 anyway. 21 for some reason has been the excepted norm for being able to legally get fucked up in our nation and I assume if that's what we've got to work with, at least that gives a time frame. I would go so far as to say, I don't care if they legalize marijuana use for all adults over the age of 25, just as long as the stop this senseless prohibition. We're not going to get perfect legalization I'm positive of that. There will be a great deal of legal bullshit and of course the commercialization of something many of us hold to be a sacred god given right, but we have to get onto the porch before we walk into the house so to speak. People demanding pot be free to grow and sell and consume with no tax and no regulations are just as detrimental to the cause as the Dr. Liars, Pseudo-scientists, and politicians.

I think you should be at least 21 for recreational, 18 for medicinal, and if you're under 18 you have to have a parent/guardian sign off on it as well as have a qualifying medical condition. I personally don't think children should have access unless they're very sick. I know I smoked when I was a kid, but would I want my kid being able to smoke as an adolescent? Nope not really - especially if it was for recreation. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I feel like there's a big maturity gap from the age of say 17-21. Sure there's outliers but I'd say for the majority of people they really start to grow up in that time frame. At that time they get introduced to real responsibilities and they have more to deal with, so I feel like at that point they're then mature enough to make their own decisions and can better rationalize all their decisions, not just smoking weed.

That's just my .02 though I know a lot of people are going to disagree and roast me but that's cool lol

The problem with making the age 21 (medical or recreational) is that it wouln't really prevent anything. If a teenager is going to be stupid and smoke blunt after bluntwhile driving, then putting an age limit won't stop them. Hell most teenagers already do it and usually start in the teenage years.
Honestly, I think there shouldn't be an age limit at all for medical and perhaps recreational gets the age of 18. Since like I said, masses of teenagers already smoke daily and marijuana is illegal in most states. Making the age limit 21 isn't really doing much..

The people who are smoking will keep smoking regardless of a new age limit
And the people who are going to start smoking will still start probably the same time because again, the drug is illegal now at 16 and would still be illegal at 16 if the age was changed to 21.

The point is mute.