• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you prefer any of the LSD analogs over LSD?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
Many of the 4-sub tryptamines from what I've read and experienced are actually pretty different from mushrooms and have their own differences between each other that seem obvious enough to make them worth taking over mushrooms. I've had 4-ACO-DMT and I've just got some 4-HO-MET I can't wait to try. Mushroom visuals have always intrigued me, but the hugely intense mental trip and body high I get from mushrooms makes it so I can't push the dosage, with 4-HO-MET it seems I can just up the dosage and get a higher visuals:headiness ratio (take enough to produce the most mental high I'd want from mushrooms, but get more visuals, theoretically)

I've never tried any of the LSD analogs, mainly because in reading about them they seem much more similar to LSD than the 4-subs do to mushrooms. I like LSD a lot, so I've always just gone with that as its always pretty available to me. The only for sure thing with the LSD analogs it seems to me is that dosage is not worked out and mileage varies a lot because of that.

So tell me, do you actually prefer any of LSD analogs over LSD?

Yes!

Firstly: 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are not interesting to me compared to LSD, just largely similar but weaker even if a bit more smooth (it's easy to be smooth if you don't come on with ferocious - and anxiogenic - effect, at all. Some people get better results and I am not necessarily saying that these are worse than LSD but for me they are similar but more mehhh. These are considered to be pro-drugs for LSD anyway.

6-position analogues though are much different, they are different pharmacodynamic agents altogether albeit in the LSD family. AL-LAD is really easy-going and as you describe 4-HO-MET (a description I can agree with despite a recent terrible anxiety reaction sans the trip) it isn't too heavy in the mental department but really pleasant sensorically and bodily... Scales up nicely although that is expensive.

ETH-LAD though, another 6-pos analogue is my favorite. It's curious since some of the effects don't describe as purely positive like a lot of blurring and over the top ADD fuckedness of cognition, however there is a certain magical quality to it that I prefer to LSD and I happily take these effects in stride and half-enjoy them, even if it makes some things like using your vision to achieve something quite difficult (just like visual soup makes it difficult to function).
ETH-LAD is quite potent, however the peak doesn't seem to last all that long.

Be quick because these 6-position analogues are going out of stock globally probably during this year and there is low interest in continuing to make them (tho I hope there is limited access to a smaller batch due to popular demand? Or I hereby appeal to that effect <3)

They are still quite similar to LSD of course, but they have their own marked characters leaving little open to mere suggestion or placebo IMO. AL-LAD seems more mild and different than ETH-LAD is strong+quirky compared to LSD.
The difference isn't necessarily "objective" but I think that the fact that AL-LAD takes the edge off of the one LSD has makes such a difference for handling the effects (just as with 4-HO-MET imo) that it completely changes the nature of the trip itself. The small difference between *just* handling it and *handling it alright* can be a small one in general but for the handling very big. I think this is why it seems the difference for AL-LAD is so big.

Last edited:
ETH-LAD and AL-LAD are super interesting. I wouldn't say I prefer them, they are different drugs with their own merits, rather than being rank-able as agents for doing the same thing.

If I had to pick one for the desert island it would probably still be LSD because it's the safe bet, but it would be a close call with ETH-LAD. LSD does have the advantage of being tolerable at really high doses whilst ETH-LAD just seems to get super bonkers.

AL-LAD is the most different of the bunch, and a real joyous thing.

I'm still under the assumption that 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are essentially the same thing as LSD, with possibly a slightly different (slower, smoother) course of action.

LSZ was neat, but seems to have been not well loved enough to bother with.

Like Soli said, grab the 6-subs quick (AL- and ETH-) because they will likely disappear forever from the face of this planet!

What is bonkers ETH-LAD like for you?

Like this: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/768503-(ETH-LAD-300µg)-Experienced-Turned-Inside-Out

300µg completely broke my mind. I think the highest I'll ever go again is probably 225µg. In retrospect I was very foolish to make the step from 150µg straight to 300µg. I made the false assumption that it would scale like LSD, which it does not IMO - much steeper.

Why would they disappear forever if people like them?

Because of cost of production, it's way less efficient to produce than 1P-LSD and ALD-52, so the numbers just don't work out for the producer apparently.

I hope at some point there is a technical breakthrough that makes the r6 subs more efficient to produce, because the most interesting variations on LSD are at this 6 substitution, so far.

It will depend entirely on how much people are willing to pay for them, but before that... how much the chemists and his lackeys expect or rely on people to pay for them, lasting for an entire batch or more...

As much as it makes me cringe they might just be able to tell from how much they can raise the price on the last bit of these from the current batch [fuck, I must buy a world war ready treasure of the 6 lads)?

So: too early to actually tell whether they are not worth a return appearance at all or just a pageantry special in nashville, TN (not speaking from experience).

I prefer eth-lad + ald-52 over lsd. I also like al-lad but can't really fit it in the same category as the rest.

Why would they disappear forever if people like them?
This is getting close to source & synth talk so I hope the mods don't mind... atm there is only one source of 6 subbed lysergamides and they have as far as I know stopped making eth-lad/al-lad due to (mostly) financial reasons (with a bit of legal reasons thrown in as an extra special bonus). The yields for the 6 subbed lysergamides are/were really bad, especially for eth-lad while the yields for the 1 subbed lysergamides are/were very good. Combine this with the fact that 1p-lsd and ald-52 (both 1 subs) sell very well while eth-lad (apparently the most expensive one to make) doesn't sell that well because some people get bad side effects from it and al-lad which does sell better but not as well as it would have to since a lot of people don't like the relative lack of head space. Al-lad is also a bit weak so the blotters have to be 150 ug instead of 100 ug (which eliminates the yield advantage it has over eth-lad). Basically it's more profitable for them to make 1 subbed lysergamides than to bother with the 6 subbed ones (despite the fact that the real magic is mostly in the 6 substitutions).

Considering that the cat is out of the bag so to speak I doubt this will mean that no other source (after all there are 2 sources of lysergamides and while source no. 2 currently only makes 1 subs they could in principle make 6 subs if they decided which they might after the current stock runs out if there is enough demand + I'm sure other labs aren't far behind and if there is money to be made they will jump in) will sooner or later make more of them but when exactly will that happen is up in the air.

tl;dr - if you love eth-lad and/or al-lad it would be wise to stock up while you still can

tl;dr2 - the eth-lad must flow