• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you need a trip sitter the first time?

No, you don't NEED a sitter. Being with some friends is highly recommended tho, whether they are tripping too or not. Always a good idea to have someone present who isn't tripping, but I bet 99% of people on here did their first trip with tripping friends, and no sitter.

What are you taking?

How much of it do you plan to take?

What is the venue? Your home? A party?

I had my first psych experience (shrooms) alone. Was waaaay too intense, Personally I'm happy it was solo because I probably would have felt the same regardless and would have made an idiot of myself if others were there haha. Even in that state though I didn't really feel like I was a danger to myself, which some people do so idk

I like doing psychs with a small group of people. No sitters needed, but doing it alone the first time could be freaky.

It's best to have someone knowledgeable around on your first time with a psychedelic. These are extremely powerful perception-altering drugs that shouldn't be taken lightly. Having someone there to calm you down or ease some of your anxieties is pretty important when you're jumping into an ocean, unsure of the conditions of the water, or if you can even swim to begin with.

Agreed, depends on the set and setting and how full on you are planning to go with what psychedelic for your first time. If it is at all a serious attempt, then if it is at all possible to get a trusted friend who can put him/herself aside and offer personal (dare I say spiritual) assistance and guidance, then you should try to make that happen.

Elaborate, use some more words other than title when you expect others to invest effort to help you (using words)...

Many people trip alone for their first time and they're fine, but having a sitter or at least someone to trip with is recommended. Occasionally things go wrong, and you'll be safer and probably enjoy the trip more if you have a friend who can help you out if you need it.

I actually almost always prefer tripping alone. My first times tripping I was alone too. When I was with someone else, it was only ever one other person I was EXTREMELY comfortable with. But when I'm by myself I can do what I want, when I want, how I want, and that makes me happier, freer, and more likely to have a good trip. And I know in my mind in case it goes bad that it is just a drug and will end. But except for the occasional exception, I usually like tripping alone. Might not be for everyone though.

It depends a ton on what your taking, but a sitter is never a bad idea. Better safe than sorry.

I tripped alone for my first time and have always tripped alone. I don't regret it one bit despite how utterly terrifying it was. It's really up to you to decide whether you think you need someone to watch you. I don't really understand the need for a sitter to be honest. No one can really assure you that are still fully within reality once effects take hold and it's not as if common sense is thrown out the window. If anything the lack of assuredness about the world around you makes you much more careful and conservative when making decisions about things, which is why most people just end up sitting around staring at stuff most of the time. But hey, whatever you feel you are comfortable with...