• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you grow your own cannabis?

jobe28

Bluelighter
Hey everyone.

I've been thinking lately about how interested I would be to grow my own weed. Obviously it would be a lot cheaper.

So is anyone growing their own cannabis?

There's plenty of states in the US that allows you to legallly grow, but its still illegally federally, so its still kinda risky. (It seems like the police/dea/whoever are more interested in going after growers than customers)

Personally I don't.If I did I wouldn't openly talk about it .......NO TELL
NO SMELL
NO SELL

I grew my own for several years until 2012, I take care of my grandpa now and I cant imagine him having to endure the stench of a full garden in the backyard. I gladly put up with the price to smoke, wasnt that bad except at first. Prices are extremely competetive as well around here.

Unfortunately when you live in a densely populated city it's not easy to grow your own... even growing just a few plants leaves a lingering smell that neighbors will notice.
Walking around my neighborhood I've noticed a few apartments where that smell is particularly strong, no doubt in my mind that they are growing cannabis inside. I don't think neighbors have called the cops on them yet but it's a big risk to take imo.
I would definitely try to grow my own if I lived in the countryside. I love gardening :)

I have done but can't cope with the fear anymore, the smell is unmistakable and pervasive. If you do grow then don't tell anyone until after you are not ever going to do it again and absolutely don't sell it or the entire city will know in days.

Personally I don't.If I did I wouldn't openly talk about it .......NO TELL
NO SMELL
NO SELL

I used to guerrilla grow in the woods for my own personal use. COME AFTER ME!!! But seriously I highly doubt they could care less about a few plants vs a whole fucking field. :)

Its good to smoke your own weed especially if you are growing it.
But the worst part is every one gets always too much paranoid and it never works out as it was planned.

If your in a state where it is legal to own a certain amount of plants I believe you need doctors approval then your set. On the other hand, I think the idea to grow weed independently is becoming more risky day by day not only on the legal aspect of you getting busted but I know in my area people simply get robbed, their plants picked before harvest etc.. so yes, it is dangerous and risky and is still just as illegal as ever. Tread on though, rules were made because people can't be civil.

If you're isolated enough and you've got the seed money for a small set-up than it can definitely be a good way to get more involved with the plant and save money at the same time. A small closet grow is pretty inconspicuous, especially in locales that don't really harass users much/at all.

They sell carbon filters for the smell, you need good ventilation anyway. If you're going to do it then don't do some half job, need to do it properly. They sell whole kits, tents, lights, fan, carbon filter, hydro system, nutrients, etc, everything but the plant, it's not hard.

I don't grow now, but I used to keep a couple of plants for personal use years ago.

It can be a fun experience, but you need to do it right, don't half ass it. Do as much research as possible on the equipment you will need, the different stages, what to expect from multiple sources. Everyones style is different, you will probably develop your own methods as time goes on. Don't expect it to go smoothly at first, plan on spending a lot of time tending to your babies things can go from great to devastating in as little as a day. Make sure it is legal either medically or recreationally, and never ever tell anyone, or sell anything as tempting as it may be it will only cause problems. Make sure you follow every single law, regulation and rule to a T, no exceptions.

Used to medically, loved it, had awesome results, but no longer have the time, as well as quit and let my card expire.