TDS Do you ever feel like you're not long for this world?

Dr.Mambo

Bluelighter
I feel like I'm not meant to be here for a long period of time. Maybe its just chronic depression but anything the only thing I enjoy or care about is getting high. My sister (my best friend) od'd and died right in front of me. Always thought I'd be the one who would end up dead bit it didn't happen that way. I haven't been the same since.

I am sorry to hear about your loss...

Those who play with fire will always feel the inevitability of death a bit more than others imo. Hang in there, try to make some friendly connections to people, after all, we are all the same.

Mambo, my fear is that I'll be around TOO long. My people live into their mid to late 90's and most end up with some form of dementia or other serious health problem. It's a sad, lonely, tortuous way to live. My mother passed in June of 2016 at the age of 94. She suffered with dementia since she was about 85 yrs old and lived in her own home until her death. My siblings and I cared for her as best we could but basically all we could do was provide basic resources while we/she waited for death to come. That's not the way I want to spend my last years.

Guess what im trying to say is that living a loooong life is terribly overrated. Not that you should want to end it too soon, but I'd rather die while going full speed ahead than end up senile sitting in a diaper filled with my own excrement.

Sounds like my grandma. I hope I die before I get to the point to where people have to take care of me. Honestly I'd be alright with not living past 30

Mambo, my fear is that I'll be around TOO long. My people live into their mid to late 90's and most end up with some form of dementia or other serious health problem. It's a sad, lonely, tortuous way to live. My mother passed in June of 2016 at the age of 94. She suffered with dementia since she was about 85 yrs old and lived in her own home until her death. My siblings and I cared for her as best we could but basically all we could do was provide basic resources while we/she waited for death to come. That's not the way I want to spend my last years.

Guess what im trying to say is that living a loooong life is terribly overrated. Not that you should want to end it too soon, but I'd rather die while going full speed ahead than end up senile sitting in a diaper filled with my own excrement.

I agree 100% about old age... what is the point of living when you are that old, you can't do nothing but watch tv? You can't walk, can't see, hear, or speak, sure as hell can't surf... and worst of all you just look plain scary when 80years old +. Me personally Id never want to live past age 55. How I am still alive now baffles me everyday, though I believe I don't have that much time left.

I feel like I'm not meant to be here for a long period of time. Maybe its just chronic depression but anything the only thing I enjoy or care about is getting high. My sister (my best friend) od'd and died right in front of me. Always thought I'd be the one who would end up dead bit it didn't happen that way. I haven't been the same since.

I can relate I feel I cant even get a job without being high or impaired. Most people don't understand, but I feel I can find a lot of people similar to me and can understand me on this forum. I don't even know how ill get a job with a daily routine if I have to be high all the time.