• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you enjoy pain while on opioids?

jackie jones

Bluelight Crew
I am not a masochist, yet I enjoy a bit of pain if I am quite high on opioids. If I cut one of my nails too short, for example, I will spend the evening pressing down on the tip of my fingernail, causing myself a modest amount of pain. The pleasure must be related in some way to the overriding effects of opioids on pain, perhaps causing a spike in the efficiency of the opioid process.

Thoughts?

It is..people cut themselves and self injure for the endorphin and dopamine without drugs as a disorder. Not my thing though more drigs gives the best high

Hell no! I personally try to avoid pain at all costs. I deal with enough chronic pain daily to keep me busy thank you.

screw pain man there's a reason i fuck my stomach with anti inflammatories in the first place

Using opiates/opioids long terms has seemed to make me less able to endure pain. I guess I've gotten too accustom to being able to null pain by using drugs. Nowadays it seems harder to endure pain then it used to be for me; pain is more debilitating and it's harder to ignore or distratct myself from. Pain makes me much more anxious than it used to.

So, no, I don't like pain while high. If I feel pain it makes me want to use more.

However, sometimes the itchiness from opioid use can get so intense that it almost seems to encompass pain... Or it's activating similar pathways or something?

I don't really enjoy the itchiness but I love the act of scratching and constant fleeting feeling of relief that the scratching provides. Sometimes I scratch so much that it becomes painful but I usually don't notice the pain until the next day.

I love that it takes my pain away. I have to deal with enough pain without them to be happy with their pain killing effects. <3

Using opiates/opioids long terms has seemed to make me less able to endure pain. I guess I've gotten too accustom to being able to null pain by using drugs. Nowadays it seems harder to endure pain then it used to be for me; pain is more debilitating and it's harder to ignore or distratct myself from. Pain makes me much more anxious than it used to.

So, no, I don't like pain while high. If I feel pain it makes me want to use more.

However, sometimes the itchiness from opioid use can get so intense that it almost seems to encompass pain... Or it's activating similar pathways or something?

I don't really enjoy the itchiness but I love the act of scratching and constant fleeting feeling of relief that the scratching provides. Sometimes I scratch so much that it becomes painful but I usually don't notice the pain until the next day.

Unfortunately I believe I read somewhere that long term pain meds do affect ones perception of pain. It's a side effect I'm not too happy about either. I'm just like you, a pain that you wouldn't think would be that big a deal is super painful to me. I can't stand it!