• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do which drugs your on change your music preference?

Legally High

Bluelighter
Edit ? this thread may be more appropriate for drug culture I apologize.

I?ve noticed on amphs I like listening to meaningful music that relates to who I really am. Of course the next day you likely won?t even want to listen to music from ahedonia. When I?m on my antidepressants by themselves I tend to listen to a lot of rap which bothers me because that?s not really me, but the numb manic feeling gives me a tendency to have less emotion and more agitation. Have you had your musical choice determined by psychoactives?

Last edited:
I've always been a rock guy, when I was on opiates i always leaned toward the softer, more melodic rock, on stims I went for the harder more aggressive stuff, and sober it's always varied.

I listen to what I listen to regardless of whether I'm on drugs or not, but I find complex and layered music best for trippy drugs. If I'm tripping I can go from atmospheric black metal to Shpongle and onto The Beatles and enjoy all of them. But, as I am a passionate metalhead, the varied styles/sub-genres of metal usually have something for every mindset.

But yes, this will get waaaaaay more response and is more appropriate for Drug Culture. Shifting it over . . .=====>

Totally...on acid I enjoy slow nujazz type music which I never listen to sober...sober it's all edm and trance

When I am in a K-hole I often experience that musics sounds to me like the music from the old NES Nintendo, Arcade Games and so on.. I really have the strangest experience in a K-hole :)

I like low-fi stuff like BMSR and Boards of Canada and drone stuff like Stars of the Lid, only when I'm on dissociatives.

And I enjoy electronic music more than usual on amps.

I have to be rolling to tolerate EDM, and even then if has to be quality stuff like Digitalism. And I need to be tripping for psytrance--otherwise I prefer psybient.

I think my taste stays mostly the same. The exception being mdma, in which case I l like more electronic music.

On opioids, I enjoy old rock songs, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, etc.
On LSD, I enjoy Beethoven and Clean Bandit, which both have elements of classical music.
And sober, I listen to Alan Walker and Dutch rap (plenty of punchlines, great beat :) ).