• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do u think my wife could be addicted to cocaine???

BrandyOhio1987

Greenlighter
I'm curious to check out what you guys opinion is about if U think my wife is addicted to cocaine. I don't 100% think she is. So first of all, she does not do cocaine for the high , She says she always feel like a huge doofus once Shes sober and looks back @ how She acted with everyone. Talking too much. (Yes she does talk way too much) She says she really just does it for the weight loss. she wants you guys to know she understands how it is not an accurate, (or smart) "weight loss drug", but once she gets sober from it after a day, she feels good and does not even crave it. She actually use to enjoy the taste and smell? (I still enjoy it but I only do it approximately once every month when I'm with my buddies) But now it kinda makes her sick and not enjoy it anymore. But as soon as shes sober for a couple days, she visibly gains a lot of weight (doesn't look bad at all but you know how women are) and & soon as she sees her weight gain, she immediate gets ahold of her "guy". And then She's happy again once she starts losing it again. It's a never ending cycle I think. So basically, she never craves it, she just uses when she starts gaining too much weight. Is she addicted ? Her friends and 2 ppl from her family know, but not her parents . We have tried to ask her if she wanted to try any other weight loss diet crap but she refuses. Says this way is Easier, What's you guys opinion? Is she addicted?

I forgot to mention the estimated amount of how much she does when she stays up for 24 hrs. She buys an 8 ball? (She corrected me on this) and she only does up to 2 grams the most, but it's usually only a little over a gram every 24 hours & sometimes 36 hrs.
We have no kids, obviously we want her to get completely sober first. It will not be hard for me to quit with her when she does make that decision to end the drug. Thanks in advance for all of u guys' help!!

Last edited:
How overweight is your wife? Can't really say how addicted she is but I fell into this same trap back in the 80's. It's easy to rationalize using cocaine to lose weight. But yeah, it does come back. I ended up going to a doctor who gave me the phen/fen medications. (phentermine & fenfluramine combo) That helped me but it's not used anymore. They have other drugs that can be prescribed. That would be a better idea, as opposed to illegal drugs and save money. Of course, exercise and diet play an essential role too.

Diet and exercise are the major factors in her weight change. I'm guessing she just doesn't eat as much while she's using cocaine? Either way it's not a long term solution as she'd have to keep using it to keep her weight down assuming no other lifestyle changes. If she's not addicted now she may very well be addicted eventually if she keeps using it in this manner.

yep she's addicted IMO. addiction can be motivated by many reasons, it doesn't just have to be the euphoria. fasting (eating nothing) and particularly fasting while on stimulants causes a huge loss of WATER WEIGHT predominently. one may look/feel noticeably smaller while on the drug, but coming off of it that does not last, as not only will you gain back all the fluids you lost very quickly, you will actually retain extra water which can manifest in feeling "bigger" than you did even before you did the drug. not only that but the process of coming down/withdrawals often results in an urge to binge eat which can result in even more weight gain. your wife has fallen prey to an illusion of weight loss, not real weight loss.
tell her that she can order phentermine online (I can give you a link if she's really interested but am not going to source here), which may provide a less damaging and intoxicating and more stable, not to mention effective, stimulant induced weight loss method.

How often does she binge on an 1/8th? Gaining or losing noticeable pounds takes at least a couple weeks no? I think there is more to it than the weight loss. there are so many other legal safer options for weight loss the absolute first of which needs to be clean eating and excersize. She needs to get it through her head that this is a dead end lifestyle route, doing an 8 ball to yourself regularly is terrible for her health obviously....is she smoking or snorting it?

There are different types of addiction. There is the physical dependence and then there is the mental part. Sometimes just the process of getting ready and chopping a line is just as much the problem. That's why I think cigarettes are so hard to break. Not from actual nicotine but the process of smoking and giving yourself a break and something for your hands to do. It just becomes part of life. I've stopped cigarettes after smoking for a few years and wanted to stop but felt very little in the way of withdrawals. I've also stopped dipping Copenhagen many times which has additional nicotine added and will make a user of regular dip turn green from it. Feel a craving for a couple days but nothing bad. I start using around a certain friend and will start for a few months or year and then stop for just as long until I start hanging out a lot with him. No where near opiate WD in my experience. Not even close. I would rather go thru what I've felt stopping nicotine every day for 3 years that what I feel stopping opiates for 3 days. IMO.

Anyways, I'm with the poster above that her weight gain is almost positively water weight. It takes 3600 unused calories, or around 5500 calories for most women when you add the amount they burn in a day, to gain one pound of fat. Where on the other hand one gallon of water is 8 lbs. We are also roughly 70% water so you see how even a 100 lb person who's water content varies just 5% which I imagine is normal in the course of a day, is under 2 quarts but 3.5lbs. And stopping the right type of drug can probably cause a swing 2 or 3 times that. The more you weigh and the bigger your total mass, the higher those numbers go.

There are other drugs for losing weight like mentioned above. And some will get you pretty crank up like fentermine (sp?) as I've taken some my wife once got. In fact the first time had me grinding my teeth, sweating, and 'geeking' just as hard as any coke I've tried.

Also, an 8 ball a day is quite a habit. 3 or 4 full grown men used to have a fun night on that but most only did it occasionally. And I know what a regular habit can do for tolerance so that might not be much. But staying up for 24 hours isn't good either. Your body needs it's sleep cycle and when I don't get at least 5 hours I feel just as hung over as a long night of drinking in my younger years. But I might be weird in that regard. But a lack of sleep will eventually kill a person so it is important.

If she doesn't get physically sick then she likely isn't physically dependant. Yet. But I'd say she at least has the mental part started so it might not be easy.

It sounds like an excuse to do cocaine.. if she wants a good weight loss drug try heroin. Lol the heroin chic look, looks much better than the crack head look. Jk

-hs

yep she's addicted IMO. addiction can be motivated by many reasons, it doesn't just have to be the euphoria. fasting (eating nothing) and particularly fasting while on stimulants causes a huge loss of WATER WEIGHT predominently. one may look/feel noticeably smaller while on the drug, but coming off of it that does not last, as not only will you gain back all the fluids you lost very quickly, you will actually retain extra water which can manifest in feeling "bigger" than you did even before you did the drug. not only that but the process of coming down/withdrawals often results in an urge to binge eat which can result in even more weight gain. your wife has fallen prey to an illusion of weight loss, not real weight loss.
tell her that she can order phentermine online (I can give you a link if she's really interested but am not going to source here), which may provide a less damaging and intoxicating and more stable, not to mention effective, stimulant induced weight loss method.

Thanks for your reply! She definitely makes sure she drinks plenty of fluids, mostly just water while she is using it. She says she doesn't eat much but will force herself to eat fruit or healthy stuff so that she doesn't have that empty stomach and then start eating junk food the next day which would cause her to gain even more since I know that bulimic people gain so much weight once they start eating normal meals again. It's cuz their stomach gets smaller or something ? But anyway, she does force herself to eat healthy things and drink water. She said she will start excercising and going to the gym with me more often so hopefully that helps!

It sounds like an excuse to do cocaine.. if she wants a good weight loss drug try heroin. Lol the heroin chic look, looks much better than the crack head look. Jk

-hs

Rofl ah hell no I would never allow that disgusting crap in our house ?? white is the only bad one we allow. Smoke green only ???

How overweight is your wife? Can't really say how addicted she is but I fell into this same trap back in the 80's. It's easy to rationalize using cocaine to lose weight. But yeah, it does come back. I ended up going to a doctor who gave me the phen/fen medications. (phentermine & fenfluramine combo) That helped me but it's not used anymore. They have other drugs that can be prescribed. That would be a better idea, as opposed to illegal drugs and save money. Of course, exercise and diet play an essential role too.

She's not technically "overweight" but to her she thinks she is. She says she weighs 165 at the moment after recently going on binge. But when she started all of this a couple months ago,she weighed 185. So even tho she weighs 165 now, once she's sober , her weight will go back up to 173 , but only because she can't stop eating unhealthy! Haha cuz u seem to crave more carbs after a binge. When she's binging, She makes sure to force herself to eat only healthy crap like fruit and veggies and drinks water & stays hydrated. Do u have any other prescription suggestions? And did u tell ur Doctor u were using? Thanks so much for ur reply and advice!

There are different types of addiction. There is the physical dependence and then there is the mental part. Sometimes just the process of getting ready and chopping a line is just as much the problem. That's why I think cigarettes are so hard to break. Not from actual nicotine but the process of smoking and giving yourself a break and something for your hands to do. It just becomes part of life. I've stopped cigarettes after smoking for a few years and wanted to stop but felt very little in the way of withdrawals. I've also stopped dipping Copenhagen many times which has additional nicotine added and will make a user of regular dip turn green from it. Feel a craving for a couple days but nothing bad. I start using around a certain friend and will start for a few months or year and then stop for just as long until I start hanging out a lot with him. No where near opiate WD in my experience. Not even close. I would rather go thru what I've felt stopping nicotine every day for 3 years that what I feel stopping opiates for 3 days. IMO.

Anyways, I'm with the poster above that her weight gain is almost positively water weight. It takes 3600 unused calories, or around 5500 calories for most women when you add the amount they burn in a day, to gain one pound of fat. Where on the other hand one gallon of water is 8 lbs. We are also roughly 70% water so you see how even a 100 lb person who's water content varies just 5% which I imagine is normal in the course of a day, is under 2 quarts but 3.5lbs. And stopping the right type of drug can probably cause a swing 2 or 3 times that. The more you weigh and the bigger your total mass, the higher those numbers go.

There are other drugs for losing weight like mentioned above. And some will get you pretty crank up like fentermine (sp?) as I've taken some my wife once got. In fact the first time had me grinding my teeth, sweating, and 'geeking' just as hard as any coke I've tried.

Also, an 8 ball a day is quite a habit. 3 or 4 full grown men used to have a fun night on that but most only did it occasionally. And I know what a regular habit can do for tolerance so that might not be much. But staying up for 24 hours isn't good either. Your body needs it's sleep cycle and when I don't get at least 5 hours I feel just as hung over as a long night of drinking in my younger years. But I might be weird in that regard. But a lack of sleep will eventually kill a person so it is important.

If she doesn't get physically sick then she likely isn't physically dependant. Yet. But I'd say she at least has the mental part started so it might not be easy.

Thanks for your reply and information ! Can you still get that drug prescribed to you? And also, I know I said 8 ball binge but I've realized it's more like almost 2 grams a night , sometimes just a little over 1. she just buys an 8 ball when she gets it. I understand people need sleep, but hasn't it been tested before, that 24 hours doesnt really cause any permanent damage to your body? I mean yeah if you're constantly staying awake i can see how lol. I understand what ur saying thou!! She told me yesterday about how she would vomit last time she used it. Made her nauseated and miss her period and it's been 2 weeks late. Took pregnancy test & not pregnant thank god! Drugs do f*** with menstrul cycle & so we made an appt for her gynecologist& she isn't gunna be doing any for a while , she says she hasn't been craving it and is content with her weight atm. We will see. Let me kno about that prescription thou if u could' thank u!!

How often does she binge on an 1/8th? Gaining or losing noticeable pounds takes at least a couple weeks no? I think there is more to it than the weight loss. there are so many other legal safer options for weight loss the absolute first of which needs to be clean eating and excersize. She needs to get it through her head that this is a dead end lifestyle route, doing an 8 ball to yourself regularly is terrible for her health obviously....is she smoking or snorting it?

"Thanks for your response, I realized I said an 8th but I meant she buys an 8 and does a little over 1 gram , sometimes close to 2 on every binge. And she does it about 4 times outta every 2 weeks, sometimes will go a while without it thou. She's snorting it. She realizes all the damage it could possibly doing so she has decided to just stop for a month or 2 and see how she feels. Going to a doctor to check out her health due to recent changes she's noticed happening to her body.

. there are so many other legal safer options for weight loss the absolute first of which needs to be clean eating and excersize.

what are some other accurate weight loss options besides exercise? We're gonna be goin to gym more now, but curious to try any other option If they work! Thanks ?

If you go to a weight loss clinic they will prescribe the fentermine (of phen-phen fame, so probably phentermine) and have it in your hand before you walk out the door.

Some Dr will also prescribe Ritalin and adderol as an off label use for energy and weight loss.

I know what you mean about weight. It's really just a number and really depends on your body type. There can be 2 5'5" woman that are 165 and one has a healthy amount of fat over muscle and the other will be morbidly obese. It seems like woman focus only on that number and not what they look like dressed but woman have much more pressure to be skinny to look good.

I would say just be careful over time. Long use of uppers can put a lot of strain on a heart. Healthy eating and exercise are the best way to be healthy. But it has to be a lifestyle change and she has to find something she enjoys and wants to do. Or it just becomes more work, it hurts for the first 4-6 weeks as your body adjusts, and most people get discouraged and quit.

I know what you mean about weight. It's really just a number and really depends on your body type. There can be 2 5'5" woman that are 165 and one has a healthy amount of fat over muscle and the other will be morbidly obese. It seems like woman focus only on that number and not what they look like dressed but woman have much more pressure to be skinny to look good.

Aint that the truth !! Hahah. But thank u for the advice, we really appreciate it. I don't see why more people who are self conscious about their weight and are doing so much damage to their body just to lose weight the unhealthy way, when they can just go to a clinic and get pills for it?? Maybe they don't know that it's out there, like my wife & I didn't know until we made this thread. But thanks so much again for the information. We will definitely check out the weight loss clinic and possibly update u all on here about how all of her health tests come back ?

FYI, those pills work because they do similar things as coke and speed up your body so your metabolism is increased and you burn more calories. The pills can easily become abused. I would take just how they are prescribed. Especially the first time. I took one of my wife's old ones, I took a whole while she was prescribed a half though I am 60# heavier and don't need to lose weight, and I 'geeked' just as hard as any coke I've had. Granted the effects quickly dropped off when taking it the next few days. But there is still a potential for abuse that wouldn't be healthy if you like uppers.

Good luck! And make sure to always tell her she is beautiful, especially the days she's feeling the worst about herself.

UpDate after not being on here and I really didn't think I'd have a reaso to come back other than updating u guys about my wife & I being clean. We both haven't done any since that night & figured I would let u guys know, she has an appt for her primary doc and has since told her counselor about her sobriety which has helped her mentality . Thank u guys for advice and help!

Thanks for updating.

I'm glad she is doing well so far. You really have to want to stop or I don't think any break will last for too long.

If you really want her to stop I think it's probably important that you compliment her often so she knows how attractive you find her. Sometimes we get in a rut or get so used to how things are that we just assume others know how we feel about them. But everyone likes to hear positive comments and to know we are loved. You may already do that but thought I would mention it. It will probably also make your life better if you know what I mean. Things are always better when momma is happy. I'm realizing I need to work on this a lot myself and it makes all types of things better for everyone when we express ourselves more. Just thought I would mention it.

Hope everything continues to go well and she can find a more healthy way to get where she wants to be.