• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do these shrooms look okay to eat to you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all: nobody here assumes responsibility, you should really decide for yourself... but I guess this is not actually an ID request.

Were they ever normal colored? Because if you got them this way it is possible just a lot of spores got on them when they are not harvested in time (do they give off dark purple dusty spores?).. although normally they would only fall on the outside.

How dry are they and how dry were they when you received them? What do they smell of?

Very plainly said I would not eat them, but on the other hand there are situations that would explain why they look like that and still edible - the spores, and they do turn dark when oxidized... however a lot of this is hard to distinguish from charcoal 0_0

Welcome to the forum by the way, but if you ask people for help, you might wanna actually write a post and provide information.. thats just lazy ^ and never passes as an OP.

I've seen shrooms like these once before and when I checked it was like Solipsis said, they were black because the spores had dropped before they were harvested.

I still passed on them. Wasn't worth the risk especially since I didn't know much about where they came from.

As far as whether or not they're the correct mushrooms or not, there's no way we could know for sure. When in doubt, throw them out.

First of all: nobody here assumes responsibility, you should really decide for yourself... but I guess this is not actually an ID request.

Were they ever normal colored? Because if you got them this way it is possible just a lot of spores got on them when they are not harvested in time (do they give off dark purple dusty spores?).. although normally they would only fall on the outside.

How dry are they and how dry were they when you received them? What do they smell of?

Very plainly said I would not eat them, but on the other hand there are situations that would explain why they look like that and still edible - the spores, and they do turn dark when oxidized... however a lot of this is hard to distinguish from charcoal 0_0

Welcome to the forum by the way, but if you ask people for help, you might wanna actually write a post and provide information.. thats just lazy ^ and never passes as an OP.

Ok sorry for being so vague about this but i'm not a common poster but your advice will be taken. so firstly there were very dry. I cant say i see any purple spores although ill check again. Do you think itd be fine to make a tea of them? As far as the smell they smell like chocolate and have had shrooms before and they smelled the same but idk if thats a good indicator. Also I recieved them this way and i see no signs of any purple spores.

Last edited:
I can't recommend it.. and making tea, well if you must take them it wouldn't be worst way to administer since you avoid ingesting the actual mushroom tissue.. but if they got moldy you might just extract mycotoxins right along, so no it's not any assurance.

Spores are not really noticeably purple but more like a matte purplish black when in huge numbers... if there is nothing coming off them, they apparently weren't stored that well and fell apart exposed to air. Might mean potency issues as well.

Just realize it's dodgy and these might make you sick, and assuming they are even psychedelic to begin with. I wouldn't personally eat them, and you might not either... if you want to take risks with it though you don't want to eat a lot of it: if they are spoiled maybe you will notice without getting much sicker, and also you don't want to be tripping very hard with food poisoning.

Caution is your best bet OP. If you have to ask the question "should I take this?" the most reasonable and safe answer would be no.

having tripped on gone off "fresh" mushrooms back in the day (in the fridge too long) i would avoid with a 10 ft barge pole. everyone had a bad trip and to be fair it was the most physically unpleasant trip i have ever had with a sensation of being electrocuted over and over while being unable to talk to my friend who was right beside me because we both felt immobilised with sadness.

really awful

We don't allow ID threads here, due to our inability to positively confirm anything through the Internet and the danger of trying to get that confirmation which we cannot give.

Be careful with unidentified mushrooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.