Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do supplements dull your roll

cosmosmariner

Bluelighter
Hey, Bluelighters:

I have seen reports here that some people find that antioxidants and other supplements taken to make rolling safer might diminish the intensity of the roll. The recommendation being to take your supplements at the end of the roll. I have certainly noticed that NAC taken with MDMA noticeably diminishes the roll. But what about ALCAR? R-ALA? Magnesium?

1. Have you noticed a dulled roll when taking supplements?
2. What would the mechanism be?
3. Does waiting until the end of the roll to supplement make you vulnerable to oxidative damage, neuroinflammation, mitochondrial toxicity, or other types of insults?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Cos

Used to preload and postload vit C and I would recommend it to everyone. In a long run you want to minimize all harm from MDMA and not to potentate it for the night.

Thanks, Spiral. I agree with your harm reduction model. I guess I’m trying to find the sweet spot between protection and subjective experience.

Hey, Bluelighters:

I have seen reports here that some people find that antioxidants and other supplements taken to make rolling safer might diminish the intensity of the roll. The recommendation being to take your supplements at the end of the roll. I have certainly noticed that NAC taken with MDMA noticeably diminishes the roll. But what about ALCAR? R-ALA? Magnesium?

1. Have you noticed a dulled roll when taking supplements?
2. What would the mechanism be?
3. Does waiting until the end of the roll to supplement make you vulnerable to oxidative damage, neuroinflammation, mitochondrial toxicity, or other types of insults?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Cos
No. In fact, vitamin C enhances the roll because it increases the synthesis of serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine.

Now you should preload at least two and a half hours before You drop and use liposomal vitamin C because it doesn't cause any gastrointestinal distress. You don't be shitting yourself all night.

The serum level of ascorbic acid will be starting to peak around two and a half hours after you take it.