• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do stimulants make anyone else depressed?

iwannafeelthatway

Greenlighter
What do you do about it?

I mean everyone says that stimulants make them happy and hyper and stuff like that, but they make me THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

Last edited:
Yes, most definitely so! Without taking benzos after using, it takes at least 48 hours to get back to normal. And you always feel tired too.
From my experience you could take a couple of Xanax or Valium when you experience feelings of tiredness afterwards.

No, I mean everyone says that stimulants make them happy and hyper and stuff like that, but they make me THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

Adderall made me tired & hungry when I use to take it.......I was definitely in the minority because everyone else said they would take it & not eat at all & stay up all night.

Other stimulants like coca made me depressed afterwards, not during.

Just think of it as a blessing in disguise & quit using stimulants.

Yes, it seems that you are right. And that´s good for you. Hope you stay off!

Had the same experience, definitely need a benzo like Xanax otherwise the comedown can be unbearable. Best just to stay away from stimulants!

Yeah they do that to me. Taking them with a benzo counteracts the depression IME. Better off trying non addictive substance first though, green tea extract helps a lot IME. You can also try l-theanine. Rhodiola rosea is another one.

EDIT: BTW Does the depression turn into euphoria after the stimulant starts wearing off? Thats the experience I had with them. Taking an opioid when the stim is wearing off puts me in a way better state than any of the substances alone could. All the other things I mentioned help while you're on the stim.

I think the OP is saying that stimulants do not stimulate him. He does not get the speedy feeling and the euphoria that generally comes with their use. Rather he gets depressed. Maybe you have ADD/ADHD? Or maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing!

BTW, it has been 30+ years since I have used stims, other than caffeine and nicotine that is, so I can't help with the original wuestion.

May be youre doing doses too small cmon either that or you have a different brain

What kind of stimulants are you talkin about here

Amphetamines, I think, due to the amplification of one's senses and perceptions, could, in theory, make one unhappy on account of a stronger perception of a reality you might not care for. Perhaps, too, the energy and stimulation induced by amphetamines, could create a state of unease, perhaps because one has no appropriate channel to use that extra energy and stimulation.

For me, amphetamines, at higher doses with respect to my tolerance, do induce a definite euphoria every time, however, there have been times where, even though the amphetamine should still be quite active and I am not really coming down, I do experience a bit of dysphoria and unpleasant sensations, usually ones of fear, nervousness, paranoia, and a certain blankness. It is not usual, but it has happened, and in such circumstances I really just want to come down. But then, the comedown is most certainly a depressing experience, for me, laden with fatigue and pseudo-narcolepsy and psychomotor retardation. This can last for a few days, but it tapers off in severity fairly quickly.

With methylphenidate, I never really had a debilitating comedown, because it came on so quick, and it resolved itself by the time my nighttime cocktail of sedatives would wear off; with methylphenidate, there is a quick high, a lot of physical euphoria, and then within an hour or so, for me, when insufflated, I began to feel the plateau starting to drop - within two or three hours, with comfort meds, it was as if nothing had fazed me.

Lol at this thread. Almost as bad as asking if stimulants are addictive.

amphetamines of course they do
cocaine doesnt though
to me
but when i do coke i only end up doing a dime or a 20.
maybe thats why

Cocaine whether i crack it up, shoot it or snort it always makes me depressed when i start coming down or if i have been using it for days in a row and haven't slept. Even a gram does it to me these days but i think that's cause i'm getting abit older my brain just can't take the same abuse as before. With Dextroamphetamine it tends to start making me depressed if i have been using it in high doses over days especially if i havent slept. I i am a bad mood already binging on dexies can send me into a downward pit of despair where it takes my head days or even weeks to get out of that dark hole. But if i stick to lowish doses i am okay on Dextroamphetamine and it acts as a anti-depressant for me in low doses. The problem for me is when i end up eating handfuls of pills, staying up for days at a time and not eating. I stop getting any euphoria really after a few days and i sometimes end up in a sort of thought loop where i can't stop thinking about all the shitty stuff in my life thus everything seems worse then it is.

Coke/crack does that to me alot faster and alot worse as well for some reason. I remember the first time i got real high on Crack and i kept thinking the next morning how everything looked ugly in a way. Everything seemed more drab, dreary and just more plan ugly then usual. It was as if my emotions where affecting how i saw the world. A few other people i have known get some of the same kinda of effect so yeah stims can make you depressed in the right or wrong circumstances for sure.

Many of my friends who actually have ADD or ADHD say that, even at doses far beyond therapeutic, the adderall they take seems ineffective or even countereffective for getting high. Many hate the way the feel on it and actually stop. This is not to say you have ADD or ADHD, but it still might be something to consider.

for me, Adderall doesn't make me really feel, I get in a certain mode and flow with it, all I wanna do is play with my cell phone, or come on blue light and annoy all u :) or clean my room. as it wears off ill notice im starting to get irritated pissy in my mode,and losing my focus, then I crash and become depressed. even when I take it theraupeutic dose as prescribed, 20mg in AM, I feel euphoric and a crash, and im on 20mg twice a day, but im also on klonopin. I told my doctor that the Adderall actually helps with my anxiety tremendously, which it does, until it wears off. I asked to decrease from 4mg to 3mg klonpin and add the Adderall, I said I don't prefer XR, I want to re dose at my own leisure like when I got classes or a work shift, and he agreed. its my remedy..i think I got ADHD, I get irritated when I have to plus something into the wall, or come on the computer, or read a book, I cant I get irritated and lay down..but why euphoria at RX dose and a crash??? I hate it..maybe ill switch to dexedrine

What do you do about it?

I mean everyone says that stimulants make them happy and hyper and stuff like that, but they make me THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE.
I always feel fantastic at the time. I had some top notch base just under a week ago, but for the past few days I've been in a deep, dark depression. It's fucking horrible.

I feel real good on stims for the first few days but then if I continue “overdoing” it, I end up depressed and not wanting to do anything but stare at my phone.